I’ll Sell My Skin Dearly / Vendo cara la pelle (Ettore Maria Fizzarotti, 1968)

I seem to be in the minority on this film. I really didn’t think much of it.
The dialogue was much too wordy and Marshall, despite his psycho eyes, lacked the charisma needed to carry the lead role in my opinion. Furthermore, with all the killings going on why didn’t someone have the good sense to shoot the irritating little kid at some point? Ideally early on.
It had some good points but not enough to make up for its failings for me.

Maybe I tend to idealize this one in retrospect. For me It’s a fair straightforward revenger and, yes, I like Marshall and his psycho eyes. Everytime I see a snapshot of this movie, I tend to go to the SW rack…

I saw the trailer. Looks like a classic SW.

I love the German trailer!

Yeah, I don’t speak german but I still think it’s great.

It’s so psycho…

Forgot to mention how great a film this was… has everything you could want in a revenge western with a slice of great acting and nifty gunplay…Definitely one of my top five revenge sw’s…Simply loved this one…

Unfortunatelymy German version is badly cut, especially the end sequence is very poor.

I made a fandub that added the uncut VHS scenes to the german version.

Sounds good…The Jerski dvd looks and sounds great but it is heavily edited…I would like to see the finale drawn out more…

What do you guys use to make fandubs.?..I have varying qualities on audio and video and would like to make some…

Yesterday I was visited by a friend. He went to my SW rack and had a look at the cover of this one. Furthermore he was intrigued by the fascinating German title “Zum Abschied noch ein Totenhemd” (A Burial Gown for Goodbye) and said something like “What kind of crap is that?!”*

Without thinking much about it I answered: “That’s a great one, a true fave of mine”.

Having said that yesterday I have to say today: I was right! Vendo Cara la Pelle is one of the SWs I can watch over and over again.

*Here I have to add, that he is no SW hater, but on the other hand no connoisseur.

Not seen this one.

I’m utterly devastated…

This one was a quite enjoyable ride. Loved the buried alive scene and this fellow called Benson, which sometimes looks like a freak Popeye!

Nice to meet you Mr Pereira :wink:

I think the titles truly add to the flavour of these movies!!

You’re damn right! And nowhere else the creators of those titles have been more innovative than in good ole Germany.

Sometimes… The usual add of Django to the titles is not that innovative, but they did it a lot.

You’re completely right, Mr Pereira!

looking for an Italian or spanish broadcast version in good quality!!! widescreen