I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

It’s got nothing to do with the voices for me. It’s the dialogue changes that are stupid. And it’s not always done just to match the lip sync either.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see why. The good thing about foreign language dubs is if you don’t speak the language you can’t really tell if it’s a good or bad dub, so sometimes a less-quality spag can sound better just from it being in Italian, rather than in English where you can notice the flaws.

I prefer spags in English - mainly because most of the lead actors seem to be speaking it and I just feel it fits more considering they’re set in the West. Every other Italian film such as giallos or poliziotteschis I try to watch in Italian as it’s the opposite - the leads usually speak Italian and they’re mostly set in Italy. There are only a few exceptions such as a few Franco Nero films where he does his own English voice, like Street Law or Fifth Cord.

1 Like

Pre-ordered:

4 Likes

I agree entirely. The Italian dub is quite poetic in parts, but the English dub is just daft. Funnily enough The Great Silence is a close second for me. I’ve never watched it in Italian but I’d imagine Johnny Hamlet is another close contender.

Same. But I’d imagine a lot of spags are better viewing with Italian audio even if it makes less sense. I think the Italian actors knew how to voice-over a lot better.

1 Like

Zavvi’s package has arrived. I’ve never been a fan of Sartana. The box was on sale, so I bought it. A good oportunity to rewatch. No booklet here.
The Grand Duel is one of my favorite westerns.
Texas, Adios - I remember it’s a pretty good movie.

8 Likes

Yup, me too. :+1:

6 Likes

with the SWDb’s Amzn links I hope? :wink:

2 Likes

You are mixing it up with God’s Gun, which was indeed shot by Parolini (at least the credits allege that), a similar bad film which was also produced by M. Golan and shot in Israel.

So do we have the correct info on both of these titles in the SWDb? And if we have Trivia about only alleged directing credits, can we put that into a trivia section respectively? Thanks :slight_smile:

Yes, Stanton, you’re right that I confused “Kid Vengeance” with “God’s Gun”, but I am correct in labeling both films Italian-Israeli co-productions. I apologize to you and all other page members.

no need to apologize, amico. whichever information you have, feel free to share, even books are not free from errors, so if we can make the SWDb more accurate in its information, I welcome that :slight_smile:

Thank you for your great understanding, Sebastian! Also, does anyone have any comments regarding my queries concerning “The Return of Sabata”?

it might have drowned in this topic, better to re-ask that question in the thread pertaining to the specific movie title, I suggest

Thank you for your wonderful advice, “mio caro amico”!

The last volume needed to complete my Wild East spaghetti western collection (except for #1 which I refuse to mortgage my house to buy). :laughing: It is an exciting day.

5 Likes

Very cool. Last week I got my copy of the German Digibook of Dead Men Don’t Count in the mail.

2 Likes

The English audio track for the original ‘Django’ is atrocious…I refuse to watch it in anything but the original Italian. The bartender, in the English dub, sounds like an English gent out for a Sunday pint and pub lunch…
And, as Dean has correctly pointed out previously, the dialogue changes from Italian to English can make or break a Spaghetti. Regarding ‘Django’, this is especially true.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it… :smile:

3 Likes

Bought on Amazon Germany for $22 USD total, is marked on sale for €8.97

4 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

Ultra Belated Birthday Haul Part 4

With the help of our fine @Admin, this very cool looking set is on its way to the US!

Heard some mixed opinions about this one, but I do like Robert Woods a lot, so I’m gonna give it a shot.

6 Likes