I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

It may not be just trash that I just received from Trash Palace. At least the Garter Colt DVD-R appears to have a rather good image quality in the first few minutes, but not 100 % perfect although quite OK for me. The image covers the whole of my TV screen.
This SW has Italian audio with English subtitles.

The other two (also on my watch list of possibly interesting SWs) I haven’t checked out yet at all so I cannot say anything about the image quality in those cases now,

2 Likes

Keoma Blu Ray - I finally twigged it is region free, can’t wait to get my hands on these extras! I’ve always wanted to know more about the making of this.

The Grand Duel. Impulse purchase of one I’ve never seen. Hopefully it is entertaining.

Thanks to Brexit, 2 weeks after ordering the Grand Duel hasn’t even shipped from Amazon UK, whereas Keoma from the US shipped immediately.

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll like The Grand Duel, it’s very well made and the soundtrack is absolutely gorgeous, hopefully it ships soon

3 Likes

The media would like to blame everything on Brexit, but it’s actually the pandemic that is causing delays. However, I’m getting DVDs and Blu Rays hurtling rapidly towards me in the UK from Germany, with absolutely no problem. In fact, some have arrived before the official release date.
I voted Brexit to free us from the fascist EU. The guys who fought at the Alamo would understand.

I bought Keoma and The Grand Duel on a double BluRay in 2012 from Blue Underground. My review went on Amazon:
“I foolishly purchased DJANGO because I had been perusing the Blue Underground BluRay release of BULLET FOR THE GENERAL, and Amazon offered me a bundle that included these two titles and KEOMA/GRAND DUEL. Unfortunately for me, of the the three items, BULLET FOR THE GENERAL was the only Region Free title, the others being restricted to Region A, and because I am in the UK, I can’t watch them on my BluRay player.
As a buyer, I should have been careful; I should have noticed Region Free did not apply to all titles. But then Amazon shouldn’t have offered a bundle of mixed region titles; and Blue Underground ought to try and be a little consistent with Region codes in their releases”.
So it’s good to know you can now get this region free.
In any case, I think most of us have now got multi-region BluRay players, so we can stick our fingers up to these ridiculous restrictions.

2 Likes

I’ve only held off ordering more from the UK and Germany because: a) I didn’t get to work at all over summer and put aside some money to spend freely, b) the pound to dollar and euro to dollar shot up over night, making the shipping and taxing price too expensive, and c) many, if not all, USPS outlets had to pick up UPS’s overload, really slowing everything down in the US. Oddly, the few items I was able to order from the UK came in the usual 2 week time frame, but the German releases seem to take a month or longer. Germany I know is taking extra precautions with what they do export wise, so I can’t complain too much as they are still shipping abroad and the UK has stated to expect delays with non-essential parcels and packages.

Not that I haven’t ever not gotten anything or packages have been lost recently, but I do feel like it is taking longer than normal for some items. I just wish the currency ratio would come down a little so I don’t have to worry if the shipping will cost more than the items.

The spaghetti pickups from the past two weeks:

From left to right (top): “Blood for a silver dollar” (blu-ray from Germany) “Run, man, run” (Koch Media dvd) “Shoot the living, pray for the dead” (Koch Media Blu-ray) “Price of death” (German “X-Rated” dvd)

Left to right bottom: “Silver saddle” (Koch Media blu-ray) “The forgotten pistolero” & “The unholy four” (Wild East double feature) “His name was King” & “Gunfight at high noon” (Wild East double feature) “A minute to pray, a second to die” (Colosseo film DVD) and “The man who killed Billy the kid” (German dvd by “Wild coyote”)

Most of them I already watched except for two: “Silver saddle” & “The unholy four”, but one will be watched tonight after this week’s spaghetti western podcast ends :sunglasses:. And will have a few more spaghetti westerns coming in next week (hopefully).

7 Likes

Very cool cover!

Need to get this on payday.

1 Like

This week’s spaghetti western pickups:

Top left to right : Spanish blu rays of “The stranger and the gunfighter” aka “Blood money”, “Sabata” (since the Kino blu ray is out of print and hard to get for a decent price) and “The great silence” (also because I couldn’t get the US blu ray for a decent price).

Bottom left to right: “The hellbenders” (US Kino Blu ray) “The ruthless four” (Koch Media dvd) & “Blindman” (US dvd from ABKCO)

Real glad with these pickups, especially with finally getting “Blindman” which is one I’ve wanted to see and own for a very long time, and getting a copy of “The great silence” with English audio. Had the German blu ray before which didn’t have an English audio, i do speak and understand German fluent but I just wanted it with the English language option. Also upgrading “The hellbenders” to blu ray i’m real happy with (again i had the German dvd before) and the transfer by Kino is exceptionally well done.

7 Likes

That’s a steady line up right there! I love the artwork on that TGS Blu-Ray!

1 Like

6 Likes

Just ordered:

6 Likes

Just pre-ordered this from Wild East last night:

I was late to the announcement of this but when I did see it it was music to my ears.

5 Likes

Didn’t get a chance to post my spaghetti pickups lately so here are the purchases of the past two weeks:

Unfortunately work has been really time consuming lately so still have to watch most of these but here they are…
Top left to right: “Adios Gringo” (German dvd) “100,000 dollars for Ringo” (German dvd by Wild Coyote) “Sonny & Jed” + “The ugly ones” (Wild East double feature dvd) and “Adios Sabata” aka “Indio Black” (German blu ray by Explosive Media)

Bottom left to right: “Ringo and his golden pistol” (Warner archive dvd) “Four of the apocalypse” (Blue underground dvd) and “The return of Sabata” (Explosive Media Germany, blu ray).
:cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Nice…I saw this at WE website earlier this week pre-order $11.95 but was tired and thought do it at morning…Price was then $16.95…Damn, movie is good but don`t like it enough to spend with shipping $21.95 for doubledip as should keep dvd anyway for sake of “sequel”…

laters spaghetti purchase for me is Black Jack german br.

Sorry man that sucks… I didn’t even realise they’d done that. Still happy with my purchase though, it’s going on the watch-list when it arrives.

After a long hiatus

8 Likes

I had a long wait too, arrived in pristine shape a couple of days ago.

Awesome well done!! I hope its worth the money!!

1 Like

Hi, Ali…hope u are ok?

1 Like