I Just Bought … (the SW Shopping Diary)

dang! the j is silent

1 Like

Haha! You’ve got me worried now.

2 Likes

BLACK ACK

but to be honest, I hadnt noticed :slight_smile: I just jumped up, ran to the shelf and behold… DANGO

Mine is coming tomorrow, however I’m away on vacation for another 3 weeks… Should have planned better! I’m sitting in the sun with a beer wondering if I for once will leave the sleeves like they are. However the reverse ones looks very cool as well :thinking:

31 posts were split to a new topic: Online-Shopping post-Brexit Tips/Experiences

I bought mine from wowhd, the US version, which would be the same

Mine just arrived :+1:

2 Likes

And back on topic…
My copy of Vengeance Trails arrived yesterday and the discs look great. Can’t believe they fucked up those cover spine pictures though. That’s amazing.
I’m too delighted at the films to be particularly bothered by it though.

3 Likes

Puzzling isn|t it, of all the things that can go wrong

2 Likes

It really is. That’s just basic proof reading 1.01.
Can only assume someone is on the carpet being yelled at over at Arrow HQ right now. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Same here, Phil. Apart from those ridiculous, avoidable errors on the spines, the package is gorgeous…Just a shame that proof-reading and quality control lapsed. Just like yourself, though, I’m not particularly bothered by such a tiny error. The films themselves (pic quality etc.) are beautiful…
Looking on the bright side…it could have been the discs that were messed up!

If you don’t care for the booklet or poster then just wait for the standard edition. The Sartana set dropped quite alot with it’s reissue. However knowing myself, if Arrow released these 4 titles individually I would still buy them all and it would probably end up being around 80 or even more, but this way you get them in a nice box with a booklet and poster aswell.

Like that bunker scene from Downfall. I can see a reaction video in my head now :sweat_smile:

• The cover designs, they came out all beautiful didn’t they?

• Steiner…Steiner… We fucked up with the spines. 3 out of 4 has the face of Robert Woods.

1 Like

Oh yes. That’s a little video just waiting for someone to make. :rofl:

1 Like

I was toying with the idea. I don’t care much for the poster but missing out on the booklet would be a bummer of course…

Yeah, Arrow’s quality control has been a bit squiffy recently. I still don’t understand how the Donnie Darko 4k box shipped with a faulty disc that just didn’t play right on most machines. You’d think you would put the first batch through some quality assurance test to make sure the product is being made right. At least they are good about replacements when said issues do occur.

1 Like

I was thinking of waiting for cheaper release of Vengeance Trails (with possibly fixed spines) but the poster looked so good that I ordered it from Arrow. Now let’s see how long does it take, I’m still waiting my last Arrow order to arrive which I made month ago or so.

To be honest, I wasn’t that interested in Vengeance Trails at first, but seeing all these mislabeled spines almost makes me want to buy it. Makes it sort of a collector’s item like those action figures that printed the wrong name.

1 Like

Where can I preorder it?

1 Like

I ordered it from JPC.de. If you go to Blu Ray.de and look up the title you can find a slew of other sites with various prices. Some may not ship to your area though.