I just bought.... (the CD/LP shopping diary!)

Its a nice little spaghetti score. There’s a couple of tracks with Nora Orlandi vocals and one sung by Raul. It’s hard not to recommend the soundtrack to a spaghetti western fan, Phil :slight_smile:

True. Very true. :smiley:

Perhaps THE most classic score turned up today:

Per un pugno di dollari - Morricone (GDM)

Found GBU soundtrack on CD in a used store a few days ago…now driving the wife crazy listening to it!

The Western Film Music Of Bruno Nicolai Vol. 3 (Saimel) …

Mainly contains music from Arizona Colt Returns (26 tracks) but also a couple of tracks from two other spaghetties.

A classic:

I crudeli - Morricon (Dagored)

Yesterday came:

Soleil Rouge - Maurice Jarre (Universal)

An early delivery:

Arizona Colt / Johnny Yuma (Francesco De Masi / Nora Orlandi)

Have a weakness for the Johnny Yuma title song so put it on at once :slight_smile:

Super scores ;).

A few Morricone scores arrived in the post today:

Le Marginal:

Il Pentito:

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion:

Ennioo, in what directions does your soundtrack collection go? Certain composers or just whatever sounds the most interesting ?

Most directions I suppose, and if I see something for a bargain price (which I usually do) I think why not…
I do not have many soundtracks after 1990, as I tend to prefer composers work before this date.

I do like certain composers like Morricone and Cipriani for example, but have a few friends who collect soundtracks so anything I am not sure on I get to listen to before making a purchase.

And there are composers I like, but tend to prefer a certian period in their work.
Jerry Goldsmith for example…I tend to prefer the years 1970 to 1978 as he did some good
experimental work, funky Lalo Schifrin type stuff (The Last Run and Shamus for example) aswell as my favourite western scores of his; Breakheart Pass,The Ballad of Cable Hogue and Take A Hard Ride.

Ok, so you ‘get around’ :slight_smile:

But your heart seems to be for a most part at the Italian composers, I have gathered from the ‘listening to’-thread which is of course very commendable. But it must be hard to figure out what to get in these times where spaghetti western soundtracks are relased by the bundle. I had a feeling you got more or less all of those?

Happy listening, amigo. Doing some Morricone myself right now :slight_smile:

Yes, have alot of western scores and happy listening yourself AvatarDK :).

Got a nice little package in the mail yesterday (pasted directly from the order confirmation mail, sorry about the capitals):

UOMO AVVISATO, MEZZO AMMAZZATO… PAROLA DI SPIRITO SANTO, etc.
20,000 DOLLARI SPORCHI DI SANGUE
AL DI LA’ DELLA LEGGE (BEYOND THE LAW)
ALL’OMBRA DI UNA COLT
SU LE MANI CADAVERE! SEI IN ARRESTO (RAISE YOUR HANDS, DEAD MAN, YOU’RE UNDER ARREST)
IL SUO NOME GRIDAVA VENDETTA (A NAME THAT CRIED REVENGE)
TEX WILLER E IL SIGNORE DEGLI ABISSI

Nice AvatarDK …sorry Søren ;).

I have the Japanese import of Django on it’s way in the mail.

The Wrath Of God soundtrack by Lalo Schifrin has just been purchased:

Great, the expanded soundtrack … A whole lotta Django in that one :slight_smile: Happy listening when you get it.

The Man with the Harmonica C.D featuring Franco De Gemini dropped in today: