I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Just bought “This is Spinal Tap” DVD.

“This goes to 11”… A funny as hell movie. Money well spent!!!

Not seen it for years but i remember the amp that goes up to 11 instead of 10 more than anything else :slight_smile:

And the “Stonehenge” scene. Would you believe this film is based on an actual group that originate from my part of the world, SAXON :-[

That’s too funny…what’s even funnier is I have a SAXON cassette tape!!! Their cover of Ride Like the Wind is a tribute to eighties metal-hair bands everywhere :wink:

Even wierder? … Great film from Spinal Tap - but I have the dubious honour of doing an album cover for Biff and the boys way back when - I’m from Yorkshire too. Ring on the door and there was the great man himself (minus the courgette in his spandex trousers). Claim to fame or what?!

I’ve happy memories of seeing Saxon play in Dublin years ago. It was during a lull in the bands career and there were only about 50 fans there so we were all allowed on stage to sing along! Which album did you do the cover for, Reverend?

I was lucky enough to see these rock-gods on the Eagle has landed tour in the early 80s but didnt do a cover for them til they’d past their commercial peak. Unfortunately it’s not one of my better efforts - my excuse is that they changed the name from Nighthunter (wich I had a better design for) to ‘Forever Free’ late on. Of course, this was in the days when I was seduced by the dark side and to this baby-butcherin breed. Since then I’m more proud of some artwork I’ve done for The Exploited - a fine upstanding bunch of God-fearing folk - namely ‘Beat the Bastards’ and ‘Fuck the System’. Havn’t listened to them meself but a fine bunch of hymns to praise our Lord by … unless I’m very much mistaken!
Anyway - back on subject … I jus’ bought ‘Reverendo Colt’ and I’m gonna subject meself to this soon - I hope there’s not too much bloodshed.

Watch out for the really annoying, horribly unfunny comedy sidekick Scotsman!

I’m not too much lookin forward to any of it - there are so many great damaged preachers in spaghettis - but this dont sound like its gonna be one of 'em. Oh well - here we go … I’ll let you know what I think.

You are actually not back on topic… This is the none Spaghetti western shopping-thread :slight_smile: Look in the dvd-section for the right one…

The best thing about it is the fact that i paid 6 zlotys [something like 2$] for it :smiley:

Sorry - still finding myself around. I’ll pay more attention from now. Anyway had to give up on it for now - I’d rather work than watch this standard of shitty wooden acting. Wish I’d only paid 6 zlotys. Still it’ll probably improve with a glass or two of communion wine.

Ey up! This town aint big enough for the both of us!!! :wink:

Agreed! I’ve laughed a lot watching it. Apart from the great scene you’ve all already mentioned i found the scene with that cocoon-like devices especially funny

Just purchased the following on the cheap from a film fair:

TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA.

UN FLIC…Stars Alan Delon and the lovely Catherine Deneuve.

MANIAC COP.

DEEP RIVER SAVAGES.

LE PROFESSIONNEL …Starring Jean-Paul Belmondo with music by Morricone.

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:96, topic:496”]Just purchased the following on the cheap from a film fair:

TO LIVE AND DIE IN LA.

UN FLIC…Stars Alan Delon and the lovely Catherine Deneuve.

MANIAC COP.

DEEP RIVER SAVAGES.

LE PROFESSIONNEL …Starring Jean-Paul Belmondo with music by Morricone.[/quote]

Some good stuff there, amigo! Especially UN FLIC (Melville is one of my all-time favorite directors).

I recently purchased the following:

COUNT DRACULA (BBC Production)

MY HEART IS THAT ETERNAL ROSE (classic Hong Kong “heroic bloodshed” film I had waited for to hit DVD for ages…only to find that the new DVD I just bought has a cut version on it. grrr!)

CITY OF VIOLENCE

THE FILM NOIR COLLECTION VOL. 4 (from Warner Bros.)

I was browsing at a second hand store today and bought Tombstone, Deep Red and Blackie the Pirate. I haven’t seen any of these movies yet, so I’m looking forward to finally catching them. Especially the first two considering their reputations, but I think I’ll start with Bud & Terence.

[quote=“Bad Lieutenant, post:98, topic:496”]Blackie the Pirate.[/quote]It’s not usual Hill & Spencer comedy. It’s average pirate/adventure film with Terence Hill and Bud Spencer but it doesn’t have much comedy or usual Hill & Spencer stuff. Little disappointing film if you’re not into the old pirate films.

There’s one very strange thing about this film. It’s the only film I’ve seen where [size=10pt]SPOILER WARNING! [/size]

[tt]Bud Spencer dies![/tt]

Haha, without wanting to read it, I actually did. ;D Now I’m even more curious about this.