I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Oh Yeah. Key Largo is a good one and Miss Bacall was fabulous in those days.

Just received THE HUMAN FACTOR starring George Kennedy and John Mills.

Made in 1975 with music by MORRICONE.

Just bought the Pete Walker Collection, in a rather attractive little coffin shaped box. Actually only picked it up because i happened to notice it in the local Choices, for a very cheap price. It contains five films, “Die Screaming Marianne”, “House Of Whipcord”, “Frightmare”, “House Of Mortal Sin”, and “The Comeback”. I’ve seen three of the films but have long been curious about the other two…so, it joins the ever growing backlog of stuff that needs viewing! :smiley:

Some good negative ending stuff in this lot, with FRIGHTMARE and HOUSE OF MORTAL SIN being my favs.

Just purchased THE MASTER TOUCH starring GIULIANO GEMMA and KIRK DOUGLAS with music by MORRICONE, and directed by MICHELE LUPO.

Had to go to Nottingham today and popped into the local HMV. I was looking for God’s Gun, but tho they had one of those card things for it, they didn’t have the dvd! Instead, i picked up a couple of HK films at pretty cheap prices. “Tiger On The Beat” with Chow Yun Fat, which i had on VHS years ago. I can’t actually remember too much about it, except that it had some uneven comedy stuff, but a very impressive fight with chainsaws at the end. And “Dragon From Russia” which i had always been curious about but was always put off by the price. It’s supposed to be based on Crying Freeman (of which i have all the volumes packed away somewhere), though judging by the blurb on the back of the dvd, they’ve changed the basic story a bit. Mind you, i guess it can’t be much worse than the Crying Freeman film with Mark Dacascos. (OK i didn’t exactly hate that film but did find it disappointing).

Yes, I remember seeing Tiger On The Beat aswell !, but like you the memory is vague on this one.

Well, some more films to your ever growing pile then!

Just ordered the 2 disc editions of Fistful of Dynamite and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid from HMV along with the new MGM edition of God’s Gun. All are upgrades from what I currently have and I thought they were pretty good value at 3 for £15. It’s certainly the cheapest I’ve seen any of them so far. A fiver each sounds good to me.
I’m hoping a better print of God’s Gun may improve my impression of the movie and, anyway I just hope that by buying any spaghetti they release MGM may just decide to release more.

Pat Garrett is cut in the U.K. by the BBFC Phil.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/0/C1545070575889B6802571690032049B?OpenDocument

According to that site it says cut by 16 seconds. Any idea what has been cut?
To be honest this is still likely to be a better version than my old VHS which is all I have currently.

[quote=“Phil H, post:70, topic:496”]According to that site it says cut by 16 seconds. Any idea what has been cut?
To be honest this is still likely to be a better version than my old VHS which is all I have currently.[/quote]
If you click the further information line just below where it says it is cut in red letters it says

“Cuts were required for animal cruelty - images of cock-fighting and a horsefall - in accordance with BBFC policy and guidelines.”

Cunts!

A horsefall??!!
Holy cow. I can understand having regulations re animal cruelty for films being made now but cutting footage from a film made 30 odd years ago?

Finally got round to buying the Man In A Suitcase box set, since it is my favourite tv series, and it’s been out for some time now!

Just bought;

Danger Diabolik
Barbarella
Catch Us If You Can

and ordered a book - “Making Mischief; The Cult Films Of Pete Walker”.

Recently received Here We Go Again Eh Providence and had a quick flick through it last night. My initial reaction was “What the F**k???” Looks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang meets Carlie Chaplain meets the Old West. Has anyone watched the entire film? Have I squandered €10?

[quote=“Cian, post:75, topic:496”]Recently received Here We Go Again Eh Providence and had a quick flick through it last night. My initial reaction was “What the F**k???” Looks like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang meets Carlie Chaplain meets the Old West. Has anyone watched the entire film? Have I squandered €10?[/quote]I think the film is great.

Well in that case, I’ll view it with an open mind. Does it require alcohol abuse or is it ok to watch sober? :wink:

good to watch if your in a happy mood, Milian singing the “Providenza” song is priceless! :slight_smile:

Aha. For me, happy mood = Scottish pale ale and gin.

“Avenging Force” appeared through my letterbox this morning :slight_smile: