I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

New Wild East double bill just arrived. I also picked up Jerksi’s latest projects, Django Kill’s Softly and Taste of Vengeance. Just had a quick flick through and they all look pretty good.

[quote=“Dorado, post:40, topic:496”]My latest DVD purchases.

Invasion USA with Chuck Norris (1985)[/quote]
One of my two fave unintentionally funny movies along with “death wish 3”! :smiley:

I just bought Suspiria for 1 €. :slight_smile:

Did you know that Death Wish 3 wasn’t shot in the U.S at all, it was shot here in England in Brixton.
My brothers girlfriend met him when they was filming

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:44, topic:496”]Did you know that Death Wish 3 wasn’t shot in the U.S at all, it was shot here in England in Brixton.
My brothers girlfriend met him when they was filming[/quote]
Didn’t know. This movie is incredible. The plot holes this movie is filled with makes me laugh everytime i see it.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:44, topic:496”]Did you know that Death Wish 3 wasn’t shot in the U.S at all, it was shot here in England in Brixton.
My brothers girlfriend met him when they was filming[/quote]
I had no clue thats awesome, Death Wish 3 is probably my favorite in the series(definitely had the best gun in the series)

Finally got round to replacing my cut Tartan version of Re-Animator with the 2 disc special edition. Finally those few seconds have been reinserted! :stuck_out_tongue: Haven’t watched the extras yet, but looks like they could be interesting.

Yesterday I ordered.

The Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set.
This set includes “The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave” and “The Red Queen Kills Seven Times”.

I also purchased.
The Luciano Ercoli Death Box Set.
This set includes “Death Walks on High Heels” and “Death Walks at Midnight”

[quote=“Dorado, post:48, topic:496”]Yesterday I ordered.

The Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set.
This set includes “The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave” and “The Red Queen Kills Seven Times”.

I also purchased.
The Luciano Ercoli Death Box Set.
This set includes “Death Walks on High Heels” and “Death Walks at Midnight”[/quote]
Both great Box sets, “High Heels” is my favourite out the films, it also has a superb score by Stelvio Cipriani :slight_smile:

Eventual: “The magnificent seven” - german MGM Gold edition!

“The Maltese Falcon” PAL R2 two disc edition £5 amazon.co.uk

1 Like

Great film Noir, I’m pleased with having taped the film from TCM though.

I’ve never seen a Humphrey Bogart film i don’t think.
I may have seen an old gangster one when i was a kid but can’t remember
Is it worth me getting it or just wait till it’s on tv.

Well I saw it quite recently on British TV so I’m sure it will be screened again. It’s quite high up in the IMDB ratings as an all time classic. I do like a lot of Bogart’s films, had quite a few on DVD over the years, just started collecting them again. Great price for the 2 disc version, there’s also a 3 disc US set but it is quite pricey.

[quote=“Yodlaf Peterson, post:53, topic:496”]I’ve never seen a Humphrey Bogart film i don’t think.
I may have seen an old gangster one when i was a kid but can’t remember
Is it worth me getting it or just wait till it’s on tv.[/quote]

Well that is a shame, because many of the old Humphrey Bogart films are excellent.
But if you are not sure I would wait and see some of them on TV first so you don’t spend money on something you did not want to buy.

TCM (Turner Classical Movies) often broadcast some of Bogart’s film so that is one place to look for them.

I guess it is all a matter of taste but I would recommend anyone to catch any Bogart film they can. He was in some seriously great pictures of his time.
The Maltese Falcon is terrific and is included in a Warner Bros Bogart Box set which also features Casablanca, High Sierra and Treasure of the Sierra Madre (probably my favourite). All of these are terrific although Casablanca is more of a romance I guess. The price of the box set varies from time to time but you can usually pick it up from HMV for about £17 I think. I’d also recommend The Big Sleep or even The Roaring Twenties if you like the old gangster pictures. (I do)
All in all, Yodlaf, if you haven’t seen Bogie yet you have got to do it. They are obviously films of a particular era. But they have real style in my opinion.

Yes all great films there Phil, I also like “Key Largo” where Bogart plays an almost anti-hero type role and there’s the added benefit of the stunning Lauren Bacall :wink: In the UK a lot of these films get a daytime (afternoon) TV screening, well worth looking out for and setting your VHS to record.

BladeRunner,Donnie Darko,Città violenta (Segio Sollima + Charles Bronson) - Koch Media and a Seeed cd :wink:

I have preordered “Blade Runner” (Five-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition) but I am no sure that Amazon will ship it to Serbia&Montenegro.

I have also ordered this five-disc set, which comes in a metal suitcase and includes all previous versions of the film released plus the work print.
I don’t see why they should not ship to Serbia&Montenegro as far as I know they ship to the entire world.