I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

My “Gothic Fantastico” set arrived today, providing more horror for my October viewing pleasure.

And Bullet Train, a movie that I saw in the theater. Great over the top violent fun. I’m going to have to watch it again soon.

4 Likes

Three of my favourite ‘Hammer’ classics on bluray…

Plus two cheap BD’s that should prove interesting…

5 Likes

Love The Mummy’s Shroud, a solidly entertaining little movie, and highly underrated as well.

1 Like

Macbeth is excellent imho, Tosc. :+1:

2 Likes

Two more ‘Hammer’ classics on bluray, featuring some of the studio’s most iconic and enduring character actors… Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, and the beautiful Barbara Shelley.

The first ‘shocker’ in glorious colour!

Next: a superb adaption of Nigel Kneale’s classic alien tale…

5 Likes

I was just looking for something to watch on TV while I worked this morning and happened to see that The Curse of Frankenstein was coming on. I flipped over to it then came to SWDB to see that you just purchased it. Kind of bizarre. :laughing:

2 Likes

Giving some more modern style Martial Arts films a try

I saw the fight scene with Cynthia Rothrock and Karen Shepard on YouTube and decided to check the film out in full.

I went with the 88 Films edition cause it has the Ultimate Cut of the film that mixes footage from the Hong Kong cut, the cut shown for Japanese audiences, and the Mandarin language version shown in Singapore. It is missing feature length documentary from 1991 hosted by John Saxon, but the Vinegar Syndrome edition is way out of my price range at the moment.

If anyone in the States is interested here’s link to where I purchased it

Orbit DVD is great for UK imports

5 Likes

Thankfully 88 has confirmed they have the documentary included in a future release

2 Likes

2 Likes

Pre-ordered this as well.

3 Likes

For £1.00, I was very happy to find a mint copy of this fun film on bluray…an Asian take on the ‘Spaghetti Western’

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, then you are missing out on something very special indeed.

Also for £1.00, the first series of…

Never seen this, but for mere pennies I’m more than happy… :smile:

5 Likes

Spartacus was actually really good series.

2 Likes

Yeah the good old days of swords, cocks and wine :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s pretty much my weekends. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Some wheeling and dealing over the last few days.

A couple of Antonio Margheriti additions:

A new Umberto Lenzi:

One of Carlo Lizzani’s better crime films that I have somehow never picked up until now:

And the yard sale upgrade to blu-ray of the week of one of my all-time favorite films. Only $1.50, still in wrapper.

8 Likes

I love The Sting

2 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a double dose of Mr Saxon!

2 Likes

Absolutely! A very underappreciated actor here in the U.S. despite the fact that he has nearly 200 acting credits. Even though he was 83 when he passed away, I was in shock when I heard. I think it was because that for as long as I can remember, all the way back to childhood, I would see him in movies and on TV regularly. He had been such a constant throughout my life it was just hard to imagine that he was no longer around.

2 Likes

New blu-rays:

4 Likes

That’s actually a very appropriate tagline to put on the front of the ‘Spartacus’ BD cover… :smile:

3 Likes