I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Hit the jackpot yesterday, when I bought these classic ‘Disney’ films on bluray for only £1 each in a local charity shop - in excellent condition, too.

5 Likes

Seeing more of these Disney films turning up in charity shops these days. I think it’s due to Disney+ now being a thing

3 Likes

I think you’re definitely right. If you’re a collector like me though it’s pretty good news though…I’m thinking of getting every Pixar film on Blu Ray. I’ll have to have a look around the charity shops before I buy any new copies. Could save a fortune.

2 Likes

That is exactly what my wife was saying the other day. She has found probably two dozen or more this year at yard sales with prices ranging from 50 cents to a dollar. She would even purchase the ones she already had so that she could pass them along to her nieces and nephews.

I’ve got them all bar the last two (Turning Red and Lightyear). As is the case for me far more often than not with Pixar movies, I’m waiting for the inevitable 2-for-1 promotion. I hate to pay £15 for Pixar films but they’re worth £7.50 for sure. Well, most of the time. Some of the time, anyway. Now and then, you know. :grinning:

1 Like

:rofl: Absolutely.

1 Like

Pre-ordered (due out in November):

5 Likes

What a great cover! :laughing:

1 Like

Had an upgrade splurge on a bunch of Hammer and Norman J. Warren blurays from Indicator. HMV in the UK had them included in their 2 for £15 promo and I couldn’t resist.

I’m not going to list them all here in case the wife is spying on me. :female_detective:
But there was quite a lot :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Some new additions:

Sergio Sollima and Charles Bronson from 1970 and the first movie Sollima made after completing his trio of spaghetti westerns.

From 1977, this is hands down imho the best Domenico Paolella film I’ve seen and far more entertaining than either Hate for Hate or Execution.

This is a Lucio Fulci upgrade that I have been wanting to get for a while but wasn’t willing to pay the exorbitant price people wanted for it. Then, the other day, someone posted this brand-new copy on eBay with a starting bid of $22.50 plus shipping, so I bid the minimum and forgot about it thinking I would soon be outbid. Shockingly, after the bidding ended, I got notified that I won.

6 Likes

3 Likes

New blu-rays:

Taking advantage of Criterion’s sale, such as it is.

4 Likes

My wife’s pre-ordered this for me for Christmas (due out in Dec):

4 Likes

New blu-ray:

3 Likes

Jack Sparrow ahoy! Bluray for £1.

Plus 3 horror film DVDs for £1.

4 Likes

New blu-ray:

Thought long and hard about picking this up with its predecessors - which I’ve already got on blu - as The Police Story Trilogy, Eureka’s first 4K presentation. But in the end I thought: Nah. Blu will do me fine for these.

4 Likes

Yes, mine arrived last week. Planning a Chanathon with the family some time soon

Have to say, I’ve bought all these Jackie Chan blus over the last couple of years from Eureka and 88Films, and I think I’m slowly coming to the conclusion that I’m not especially keen on him. :grinning: I’ve bought something like thirty of his films and whilst they’re mostly all rock solid on the action front (which is why I persist with them), a HUGE percentage of them are rooted up to the ballbags in Chan’s cringeworthy, desperately unfunny “humour”.

I tell ye, I’m only going to put up with another couple of dozen of these movies before I put my foot down and say, NO MORE! I’m way too sly to fall for all their marketing gimmickry. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

You’ve provided me with something between a chuckle and a smile that will last me the rest of the day. :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s priceless! LOL :wink:

1 Like