I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

As long as I don’t opt for that third glass of 12-year-old Balvenie at night then yes…yes, they should be. :wink:

3 Likes

Just Pre-Ordered this Giallo from Mondo Macabro

According to MM’s description this is one of the craziest, trippy Thrillers out there with tons of fake head decapitations. SW stalwart Fernando Sancho plays a suspect in the film. The Blu Ray is Region Free for anyone in Europe who’s interested in checking it out.

6 Likes

Thanks for posting…I didn’t realise Vinegar Syndrome had released vol 5 yet. Seen Nine Guests… though and didn’t care for it.

Have you seen The Killer Reserved Nine Seats yet?? If so what did you think?? I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

1 Like

I’ll check that out. Thanks for getting me onto it…I’d never heard of it before.

I have watched The Killer Reserved Nine Seats and did really enjoy it as well. It started out a bit slow for my taste but definitely came through in the end. I haven’t seen Nine Guests for a Crime yet so I can’t comment on that one, but it is Tropic of Cancer and A White Dress for Mariale that I was most excited about getting with this set.

1 Like

My Running Out of Time double feature arrived today from Eureka :slight_smile: Review coming soon on furiouscinema.com of course

2 Likes

I’ve never seen the other two. I will have to pick this up when I get paid.

1 Like

I haven’t either but they’ve been on my list and I was pleasantly surprised that they were both in the same set.

:+1:

1 Like

Fran’s new label has quite a launch slate

2 Likes

Sword and sorcery, Arnie style…

3 Likes

A trio of Asian epics…

Next, a gripping story of the Crusades…

And lastly, an upscale from DVD to Bluray, with this exceptional WW2 true-life tale…

4 Likes

Triple bargain-basement horror…I’m getting a few chillers together, in preparation for Oct. 31st.

3 Likes

Some new deals. I watched the first series of Penny Dreadful, liked it, but never finished. Now, I can watch them at my leisure.

Some new Umberto Lenzi, aka Oasis of Fear.

Some new Aldo Lado, aka Last Stop on the Night Train

And one I had to purchase after watching it the other day.

6 Likes

“More reprehensible than … !” LOL :laughing: That’s the way to sell a flick!

3 Likes

After watching it, I will say that some of the violence near the middle definitely falls into the “reprehensible” category so there is at least some truth to their advertising. :laughing: Once you get past that though I am afraid I would have to categorize the violence as satisfying. It was a pleasure to get to see yet another film with Enrico Maria Salerno in it though as I have been a fan of his work since first seeing Bandidos.

4 Likes

Of all the European non-supernatural horror/giallo films I’ve seen…that seen in the middle is definitely one of the ones that made me feel the most squeamish.

1 Like

New blu-rays:

I’d already bought the Eureka version of Double Indemnity and I was quite happy to leave it at that but I saw the Criterion version reduced from an unnecessary £26 to a slightly more palatable £18 in HMV and thought, well, why not? It’s my favourite movie of its era.

5 Likes

Love Double Indemnity :grin:, it’s definitely the quintessential Noir, there truly is nothing else like it. I have the Eureka! Blu Ray too, but maybe if the price goes down enough my way I’ll get the Criterion release too, even if just to see how the releases differ.

3 Likes

2 Likes