I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

She was with me when I made the deal! She got all kinds of excited when he threw in the sword. :laughing: Maybe I need to keep that hidden from her. :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow, a complete series and a samurai sword, that’s the most unique deal I’ve ever heard of! :grinning: I’d like to get hold of a replica sword myself, but I got little cousins who’re into checking out stuff, and wouldn’t want 'em whacking each other with even a fake sword.

1 Like

I wouldn’t exactly call this one a “fake” in that the blade is sharp as crap. I wouldn’t even begin to think about having it around kids. :grimacing:

1 Like

3 Likes

Arrived today:

Some later Lucio Fulci with the great Brett Halsey.

One of Umberto Lenzi’s collaborations with Carroll Baker and Jean Sorel as well.

A new release from Cauldron Films of the Eloy de la Iglesia science fiction crime drama with Jean Sorel again and Chris Mitchum as well as the late Sue Lyon.

And Batman. :bat: :imp:

5 Likes

The Devil’s Honey is probably Fulci’s most underrated later period work, exploitative/sexploitative on the surface, but really a well done Drama Thriller that delves into the psyche of two seriously broken people.

Love Umberto Lenzi, he’s another seriously underrated filmmaker. I know he’s remembered for his Gore Horror, but he was really the king of Giallo Thrillers and Poliziotteschi. Some of his best work was with Carroll Baker. I have the Severin Box Set of their films and also the 88 Films editions of So Sweet, So Perverse and Paranoia. And yes I’ll be double dipping again with 88’s release of Knife of Ice. I’m a sucker I know, but I love what 88 is doing at the moment and love supporting their growth as a company.

I just received my copy of Murder in a Blue World yesterday, it was well worth the long wait. Can’t wait to dive into it.

Far too many Batman’s out there I think, hard to keep track.

3 Likes

Just watch the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy with Christian Bale and ignore the atrocity Ben Affleck made of the character in his series of appearances. I’ll have to watch this one before I can pass judgement on Robert Pattinson though I have heard he’s great.

2 Likes

Agreed, but I can’t honestly say I liked all his gialli/thrillers.

Same.

1 Like

Thinking of getting The Devil’s Honey myself when I get paid in a couple of days.

2 Likes

This is one I’ve been meaning to get for a while but just about the time I was getting ready to buy it, something else bright and shiny would catch my attention. :laughing: I’m definitely looking forward to watching it.

2 Likes

Just bought/pre-ordered:

6 Likes

I’m really excited about the Giallo Essentials set as I haven’t seen any of the three before. :smiley:

2 Likes

Same I haven’t either. I haven’t bought the other two because I already own the Arrow releases of one separately, and the other has Strip Nude… which I didn’t care for, and Torso which I already have the Shameless Blu of. I didn’t think it was worth it for What Have They Done… alone. I jumped to get this one though…can’t wait until it gets here.

2 Likes

New blu-ray:

4 Likes

Pre-ordered (due out end of June):

4 Likes

P. J. Soles and the Ramones! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :metal: Love that movie.

I saw the Ramones in a bar attached to a strip club just outside of Lexington, KY. many, many years ago*. They saw I had a lighter and had me come stand by the stage, and on the other side of the barrier, so I could light their cigarettes for them while they kept playing. :laughing: There wasn’t a table or chair left in one piece by the time the show ended.

*Edit note - Just for my own gratification, I had to narrow this down a bit. It was after the Fall of 1986, as I wouldn’t have been old enough to get in the bar prior, and before mid 1989 as Dee Dee was still with the band.

5 Likes

I got a good deal on these three as a package off of eBay.

Two upgrades:

Mario Bava and…

…son Lamberto Bava.

Plus a new addition to my ever growing Lucio Fulci collection.

7 Likes

4 Likes

New blu-rays:

4 Likes

You’re in for a treat with the Battles set Asa, they’re crazy violent, but pull no punches in delivering fairly accurate depictions of the Yakuza underworld.

2 Likes