I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

I agree, but maybe they’re intentionally going for a 1970s graphic look ? :nauseated_face: Personally I like to see the original poster artwork … after all it was designed specifically to attract the thrill seeking punter.

3 Likes

They don’t even put the original poster on the reverse sadly, just whatever the hell this is supposed to be:

Its especially annoying because they had the actual poster on their older DVD release which looked fine:

It seems to be a running theme with shameless, like what is going on with their release of Torso? It looks like someone added 20 layers of Instagram filters to it.

6 Likes

A couple of nice inexpensive previously owned pick-ups.

A nice giallo from Michele Lupo (Arizona Colt, Ben and Charlie, California).

The Wild East release of Sergio Martino’s classic.

7 Likes

I actually like this cover to be honest, it gives a good hint to the ugliness/despicable, and depraved nature of Tomas Milian’s character and the lengths Henry Silva’s Commissario will go to bring him to justice. without showing too much. It was also the cover of the booklet in the original NoShame release of the film, which I still in a bag in storage.

1 Like

I got the 88 Films edition of The Violent Professionals myself, but the WE cover is pretty cool I gotta admit.

Upgrades from blu-ray to 4k UHD blu-ray:

6 Likes

New additions:

88 Films collector edition of the Umberto Lenzi giallo

Sergio Martino’s comedic giallo

A Lucio Fulci addition

A gothic horror by Riccardo Freda

Walerian Borowczyk’s controversial film. Cult classic or complete trash? I’ll find out soon. :laughing:

6 Likes

Bought:

3 Likes

New blu-ray:

Upgrades from DVD to blu-ray:

6 Likes

4 Likes

Some new additions:

The Eureka release of the two Blacula films.

New release from Arrow of the Mario Bava film.

A very solid Giallo from Duccio Tessari

7 Likes

5 Likes

New blu-ray:

8 Likes

This week’s new additions.

Hatchet

An early Valentine’s Day present from the wife - at my suggestion of course. :laughing:

A very early Giallo and one of only six films directed (in this case co-directed) by Italian screenwriting legend Ernesto Gastaldi. A bargain basement treasure find - at least to me.

Questi’s next film after Django Kill…If You Live Shoot. Not as over the top but still pretty weird. Genetically modified headless and boneless chickens that grow without eating. Anyone hungry? :grimacing:

8 Likes

More Poliziotteschi.

Worried for the state of my bank account with all the amazing Italian and Hong Kong releases coming out. Have already had Warriors Two/Prodigal Son and Skinny Tiger and Fatty Dragon preordered for a while and now in the past few days there have been announcements for the Arrow set of The Heroin Busters and The Big Racket and then Eureka announced Dreadnaught and Knockabout. Really glad I managed to get some shifts done before coming back to uni otherwise I’d be living off of super noodles :laughing:

7 Likes

Now, that brings back memories of college! Without microwaveable Ramen Noodles I would never have survived. :laughing:

3 Likes

Bought:

5 Likes

Bought:

3 Likes

Is that a VCD? :wink:

1 Like

Preordered:
EKA70452-SkinnyTigerFattyDragon-OCard_website-500px

4 Likes