I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

For some reason, I can’t see what you bought. :unamused:

Yeah, I’m having a number of difficulties posting pics here at the moment. Don’t know what’s happened. Hopefully those pics have appeared now.

:+1:

2 Likes

Bought for $30:

6 Likes

among my latest purchases are that insane collector’s edition of Emmanuelle from Koch Films and the Full Alert disc from Eureka (sitting neatly next to the Wild Search disc which I bought some months back)

3 Likes

I remember seeing that Emmanuelle release being advertised when I first checked out Koch’s websites, sure hope they’re eventually able to ship to the US.

5 Likes

Bought:
84021498-e8e4-4857-a69e-d566ee803779

9 Likes

Apparently mine has been dispatched today.
Think I might wrap it up when it arrives and put it under the tree as a Christmas present to myself. :santa: :santa: :santa:

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for mine here as well!

Some last minute purchases before the holiday.

5 Likes

Last purchase and preorder of 2021

Am very curious and excited to check out this little seen Spanish Giallo Thriller. It’ll be released around my birthday in March. I’m really digging the new company Cauldron Films.

4 Likes

Ah, the Spanish Clockwork Orange! I saw a very poor UK DVD of this film. This looks like a really nice release though.

1 Like

Yea, a lot of people on the IMDb say it’s a total rip off of Kubrick’s controversial classic, but it’s really more of a Murder Mystery, with a dystopian backdrop. On the Cauldron Films website, they said the release is a 2K scan of the Producer’s Cut of the film, which is apparently held as the definitive version. The original Spanish cinema release was 100 minutes, 2 minutes of which was filler footage. The UK DVD had 2 minutes of footage cut out I believe.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you on the whole but the similarities to Kubrick I feel are there. I think a better term would be “influenced by”.

On a side note, I had a chance to talk to Chris Mitchum for a few minutes many years ago. Very nice but he definitely seems to have steadfast opinions on virtually everything. :laughing:

1 Like

Influenced by is the best term most definitely, there’s even a scene with Sue Lyon in one of her disguises looking for prey reading a copy of Lolita, the film that jumpstarted her career - another reference to Kubrick’s influence.

That’s cool you got to meet Chris Mitchum, I’ve heard too that he’s down to earth, but a little stubborn opinion wise.

1 Like

Daaamn what a great movie and disc btw

2 Likes

Bought:

5 Likes

New blu-rays:

Upgrade from DVD to blu-ray:

That The Dirty Dozen blu has made-for-TV sequel The Dirty Dozen: Next Mission (McLaglen, 1985) as a bonus feature.

6 Likes

Great choices, buddy. I watched ‘The Dirty Dozen’ a few days ago… one of my favs, alongside ‘Where Eagles Dare’, and ‘The Great Escape’ (hoping to watch the latter this afternoon).

Lee Marvin, Steve McQueen, and Clint…It doesn’t get better than that…

2 Likes