I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

To the best of my knowledge, I don’t think I have ever seen one of Zeman’s films and hadn’t really heard of him or remembered hearing of him until I read an interview with another director several years ago who was talking about him. After reading about him, I discovered just how influential he was for so many directors. VERY interesting purchase.

1 Like

Bought this a while back:

1 Like

Thank you. Yeah, I only really came across Zeman’s superlative genius by accident on Youtube yesterday morning, and instantly thought that it’s my cup of tequila…simply because it looks so interesting, and different. I’m looking forward to both titles - especially ‘Baron Munchhausen’, which is so surreal…

1 Like

Silent, drama, horror, and TV comedy…

3 Likes

Wow, that Zeman stuff looks incredible.

1 Like

Here’s the trailer for the other Karel Zeman film, ‘Invention for Destruction’, that I also bought on bluray. It looks equally as enthralling…I suspect that these are going to be favourites…

I will soon be in ‘possession’ of…

Plus, a triple-bill of classic Kubrick…

4 Likes

Pre-order just came in

5 Likes

wonder how much better than the US disc it is… but I also was kinda disappointed by this, after the reputation it had built in my head

1 Like

Just finished watching it. Blu ray was alright, not as good as something Arrow would put out. I think that was the most dissatisfying ending for a Giallo I’ve seen.

1 Like

Nothing too fancy but I came across the first six volumes as a set of the Echo Bridge Home Entertainment Charlie Chaplin collection today. The earliest of his shorts, several made in 1914, are included in this set so for curiosities’ sake I thought they were worth checking out.

2 Likes

Well…I don’t think you can go wrong with the superlative Chaplin…Happy Viewing!! :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

4 Likes

New blu-rays:

4 Likes

Just arrived! Pre-ordered this as soon as it was announced

4 Likes

Yup, mine just arrived too.

4 Likes

It’s a gorgeous set. The booklet is amazing. Really thick paper and has nearly 100 pages of art and essays. The new art is fantastic too. Arrow really outdid themselves with this one.

2 Likes

That looks reeallllyyyy great. That is a very nice set.

3 Likes

1 Like

New blu-rays:

3 Likes