I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Just placed an Order with Pidax… with some titles to broaden my horizon

2 Likes

2 Likes

ordered that as well, directly from Eureka, hope that works out. Looking forward to it, and they also announced another Ringo Lam movie. Great to see these HK classics get some new attention

1 Like

To be released by ‘Amazon uk’ on October 4th.

2 Likes

Hope you enjoy. It was a really nice transfer considering a lot of HK films get kinda crappy releases. I’m definitely pre-ordering Full Alert and I might pick up Time and Tide too.

From my local ‘CEX’ shop…

1 Like

Just ordered:

Came out this week. I’d have pre-ordered it (in fact I may have done and then cancelled it, I can’t remember) but it came out the same week as the Vengeance Trails and Daimajin Trilogy sets and I didn’t know if I’d have the money for all of it. Glad I’ve ordered it now, though.

Having hunted for it in a couple of HMV stores and come up empty handed I had a nose around the internet and it appears that HMV have stopped stocking Eureka products. Indicator products, too.

2 Likes

That is a shame! How is HMV doing overall these days? Last time I was in London quite a few of their stores had shut down (5-6 years ago). The last HMV store I visited was in Liverpool, 2 years ago, and they had pretty much everything you could ask for! Love that store.

Pre-Ordered these. Revolutionary releases as far as Kung Fu on home video goes. The movies on these two boxes (The Shaw set in particular) is probably among the most bootlegged films ever. I’m so happy that they’re now getting the amazing releases they deserve.

3 Likes

I think they’re doing okay. Tbh I’ve lost count of how many times they’ve been on the brink of going under. The branches most local to me have both closed down and then reopened, and that’s before we take the COVID lockdowns into consideration. I’ll be sad to see them go if/when they finally succumb to the death of the high street. I love being able to browse blu-rays and make that out-of-the-blue impulse purchase. Amazon is great for the variety and for the pre-ordering but it’ll never beat that immediate feeling of a store purchase.

1 Like

HMV also lost their deal with Eureka & Indictor a while back. Something to do with increasing the prices and not giving the labels more %.

In a bit of a Kung Fu mood so picked up some Lee films

4 Likes

Interesting, wonder how they stack up to the recent Criterion box set

1 Like

These are from 2015 by Mediumrare who did this boxset (with the same transfers)

Reviews seem pretty good and supposedly look very similar to the Criterion set (and for a much cheaper price thankfully). They have game of death too but it was double the price of these ones so I didn’t bother ordering it - and from what I’ve heard it’s an awful movie anyway

1 Like

Just pre-ordered…due out from ‘Amazon UK’ on 18th October.

3 Likes

Yup, just pre-ordered this one myself. As soon as Amazon let me pre-order the Sabata set and the Cinematic Vengeance set I’ll pre-order those too. Might have to show a bit of leg and convince mrs.caress to buy me those for Christmas, though. Really can’t buy any more extravagant blu-ray sets this year.

3 Likes

Pre-ordered (due out in November):

4 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

You can’t go wrong with Bruce Lee! :+1:

2 Likes

Just ordered these two classic eurocrime films, funnily enough these are pretty much opposite movies. One is loud and violent bombastic sleaze while the other is an intelligent political crime thriller, cant wait!

3 Likes

4 Likes