I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

5 Likes

Courtesy of the ‘Arrow’ sale…

6 Likes

Bought from Amazon 50% off

6 Likes

Time-travelling escapades with classic ‘Who’, the anti PC lads from the ‘Flying Squad’, and the 1977 BBC adaption of ‘Dracula’; which is, imho, one of the most faithful, atmospheric, well-acted adaptions ever told of the classic Bram Stoker gothic tale.

5 Likes

New blu-rays:

4 Likes

Picked up a couple of Blus at HMV while on holiday in Wales this week

5 Likes

Ordered during the Amazon sale.

8 Likes

Someone once described Tetsuo: The Iron Man as something like “anxiety in film form.” I think it’s the perfect description, good pickup.

1 Like

I totally agree. I’ve seen the first one but not Body Hammer. Such an awesome and bizarre movie with an AMAZING soundtrack

1 Like

Audition was good but not live up to the hype good IMO

1 Like

Opinions are good…

2 Likes

I love Steve McQueen…the King of Cool…

Just bought what I personally regard as Steve’s best performances (inc. ‘The Great Escape’, and The Magnificent Seven’)

The performances, and the emotive scores that drew me in to each film, is not for everyone - but is definitely for me…Worth checking out…

I defy anyone - even someone in a 'Reliant Robin. not to put their foot to the metal with the next…

https://youtu.be/7EK5MHzqcaw

**COOL, COOL, COOL…accolades not only for Steve, but also for Lalo Schifrin, the composer of this bloody marvellous score, that perfectly encapsulates his unique style …

Damn…this is such a great slice of Schifrin…

6 Likes

Awesome! Just watched Bullitt again last week or the week before (the days are starting to blend together).

1 Like

Bought recently:

5 Likes

Classic, and Horror…

6 Likes

By sword
By pick
By axe
Bye Bye

One of the best tag lines ever. :smiley:

I’ve never seen the movie, I assume it’s a bag of crap (and I mean that in its best, most glorious sense, of course).

2 Likes

The Mutilator & Blood Rage are fun slashers with some nice gore - especially the latter.

1 Like

Pre-ordered (due out in December, somewhat inconveniently, but still):

King Boxer
The Boxer From Shantung
Five Shaolin Masters
Shaolin Temple
Mighty Peking Man
Challenge of the Masters
Executioners From Shaolin
Chinatown Kid
The Five Venoms
Crippled Avengers
Heroes of the East
Dirty Ho

I’ve already got Mighty Peking Man and The Five Venoms but it’s still a good-looking set. Price on Amazon is an eye-watering £150 which I could do without on top of Christmas but I don’t want to drag my feet because sod’s law says that’s when it’ll sell out. I’m hoping it drops a bit from there in the interim.

4 Likes

The arrow site has an early bird discount for £110 atm if you want to save some money

3 Likes

It has indeed but I think (could be wrong here, can’t remember for sure) Arrow want the money straightaway, which I haven’t got, whereas a pre-order with Amazon gives me the time to manage my money since they won’t take the cash until they’re shipping the product.

1 Like