I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

7 Likes

2 Likes

I really should check out more of those movies from the 1920’s and 30’s. I watched The Public Enemy recently and it still holds up incredibly well.

2 Likes

Bought this from the Severin sale:

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Upgrade from DVD to blu-ray:

New blu-ray:

3 Likes

Just pre-ordered this beautiful box-set, due out on 27th September, from ‘Arrow’.

3 Likes

New DVD set:

2 Likes

Just got my Years of Lead set in the mail today, and two of the corner edges were fairly well bent inward. I wish Amazon would stop using those non bubble wrap envelopes to mail out Blu Ray boxsets :angry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I am buying (again) too much recently. But a few flicks just tickled my interest. So I bought Blus for

• Citzen Kane
  • Mutiny on the Bounty
  • The Matt Helm Lounge (all four flicks)
  • Kinjite
  • Iron Monkey (the Eureka disc)
  • Shadow (Yimou)
  • Escape from Zahrain
  • Branded to Kill
  • A Farewell to Arms

Just the tip of the iceberg

2 Likes

A double dip for me, mainly for the hardcover book, poster, and new interview.

4 Likes

The limited edition blu-ray presentation of Major Dundee (Peckinpah, 1965) I pre-ordered from Amazon a few months ago arrived yesterday, and mrs.caress surprised me with a copy of Quentin Tarantino’s newly-released debut novel Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

3 Likes

Ordered from HMV (2 blu-rays for £13):

The King of Comedy is an upgrade from DVD, the others are new to my collection.

3 Likes

Impeccable choices there, Asa… :+1:

1 Like

Just ordered

Those shipping costs are criminal IMO

4 Likes

It all depends on where you’re ordering from, companies have to calculate if the item(s) are being sent out locally or internationally, the bulk of items ordered etc. Also take into consideration that every business around the world, including Blu Ray/DVD releasing companies, took big hits with the Pandemic last year, and shipping prices all over have gone up for the time being to recoup last year’s losses. Even before the Pandemic, whenever I ordered locally in the US, or from the UK, Germany, France, and Japan, I would usually order two items at a time, so as to keep shipping costs reasonable.

I can afford to spend, don’t get me wrong, but at the same time I feel spending in bulk eats up too much.

Silent Classics…

3 Likes

3 Likes

My buys from the Arrow Summer Sale:

8 Likes