I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Awesome purchase, the Godzilla films are a favourite of mine. What did you think of the film?

1 Like

New Blu-ray:

1 Like

I like it, but I mean I’m a sucker for movies about enormous monsters kicking tiny cities to pieces, so I don’t know if my opinion here holds much credence :slightly_smiling_face:. But yeah, I think it’s better than Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Dougherty, 2019) and much better than Godzilla (Edwards, 2014). Is it better than Kong: Skull Island (Vogt-Roberts, 2017)? Hmm, dunno. It’ll need another couple of watches but, atm, I’d say it’s not quite that much fun, although it does feature Mechagodzilla and that carries a lot of brownie points with me. I’ve yet to see a movie that wouldn’t have been hugely improved by an appearance from Mechagodzilla.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I think I have pretty much the same opinion. Miles better over the 2014 and 2019 ones which I found excruciatingly boring, but not quite as fun as something from the older Godzilla eras.

1 Like

Just ordered:

2 Likes

New blu-rays:

Upgrades from blu-ray to 4K UHD blu-ray:

2 Likes

New Blu-rays:

2 Likes

New blu-ray:

3 Likes

Love that Movie

Brings Me Back :thought_balloon:

Just pre-ordered this classic, which is due out on 20th September, 2021, from ‘AmazonUK’.

3 Likes

New blu-ray:

2 Likes

Bought from Amazon:

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Lighthouse is brilliant, Tosc. And so’s that Napoleon blu. I thought that would be a tough watch given its age and size but it’s absolutely engrossing.

1 Like

Ahem… I bought THE MATT HELM LOUNGE

Just ordered:

2 Likes

I bought 2 disc blu ray release of Blue Velvet which included 50 minutes of cut footage. Nice to see this stuff, I didn’t even knew it existed anymore.

3 Likes

’I bought 2 disc blu ray release of Blue Velvet which included 50 minutes of cut footage. Nice to see this stuff, I didn’t even knew it existed anymore.'

Now, that is a good film… :+1:

New 4K:

2 Likes