I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Also wann order from them at some point. Too bad a lot of the discs I want are not all cheap.

Btw those who wanna order from then, please do use this link:

https://www.play-asia.com/?tagid=3311189

1 Like

Weirdly enough, the Hong Kong discs I’m looking for are cheaper on Play-asia than anywhere else (eBay, dddhouse, etc.) I paid $27 for the one I posted here. On eBay, I would’ve had to pay $35-40 in total.

New blu-ray:

2 Likes

New blu-ray:

Now, I gave up buying The Walking Dead after season 6 and I gave up watching the show altogether after season 8, because seasons 7 and 8 were so poor. However, I’m led to understand that seasons 9 and 10 were significantly better than their immediate predecessors and, since it’s ending after an extended season 11 I thought, sod it, let’s finish the collection off. I’ve still got to pick up seasons 8 and 9 (10 isn’t out on blu-ray yet and 11 obviously hasn’t aired yet) but this season 7 set was briefly available on Amazon for the princely sum of £6.99, so at that price I jumped on it. Who knows, maybe it’ll be better if I binge it.

3 Likes

An assortment of TV Gothic terror from my early child-hood; Amicus anthologies from my teens; multi-cultural vampire antics; and visceral bloody images from ‘The Gamester’, John Kramer.
Old, and new horror, to watch on these cold, dark nights, accompanied by a candle, and glass of Port…

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this…I consider myself a pretty big giallo fan now but didn’t realise these were a thing. I’m definitely going to get all three of these when I get paid.

Bought on eBay for $52, now I just need the console:
81QoNRp5+WL.SX342

Gifted myself this one

https://amzn.to/3svvrEb

1 Like

2 Likes

Hah, me too.
Season 7 was already disappointing, but # 8 was often so dumb that I finished it.
There was always some dumb stuff here and there, but there was also some excellent episodes and even some daring ones, but in # 8 it wasn’t fun anymore.

I also bought me one big volume of the comic series, 50 books of the monthly series in one gigantic volume. Interestingly different and some of the best ideas of TWD are only in the TV series.

1 Like

Here are my non-SW movie pickups for this month:

Top left to right:

“The Irishman” (Criterion collection blu ray) very happy to finally own a physical copy of that one. My favorite movie of 2019 for sure.

“The tough ones” aka “Rome armed to the teeth” (Grindhouse releasing blu ray) great eurocrime movie and excellent release by Grindhouse.

“The strange vice of Mrs.Wardh” (Blu ray by Severin) a great Sergio Martino Giallo with the lovely Edwige Fenech and spaghetti western regular George Hilton.

Bottom left to right:

“Where eagles dare” (Warner Bros blu ray,German edition) really great WW2 men on a mission movie with Clint Eastwood. An upgrade as i previously had the dvd release.

“Pale Rider” (German blu ray by Warner Bros) again an upgrade as I previously had the dvd of it, great western from the mid 80’s.

“The wolf of Wall Street” (Dutch blu ray by Dutch film works) great Martin Scorsese movie that was missing from the collection though i have watched before on Netflix.

3 Likes

Just bought these earlier today…looking forward to when they come through.

5 Likes

Just ordered:

196885_large

41224_large

97518_large (1)

4 Likes

Upgrade from DVD to blu-ray:

2 Likes

Pre-ordered (due out in May):

2 Likes

So excited for that One Armed Boxer Blu! One of the best Kung Fu films ever made!

Just ordered:

3 Likes

One Million Years BC, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth and a crap ton of vinyl

5 Likes

Mötley Crüe? Joan Jett? 50+ yr-old dinosaur movies? Sounds like a fantastic little spree! :+1: :+1:

Welcome to the SWDB, amigo! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

ENT is totally under rated. I have the DVD set.

2 Likes