I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Pre-ordered (due out in March):

3 Likes

Upgrade on older blu-ray:

4 Likes

Marlina the murderer in four acts

Formerly only watched with an Indonesian audio. This one has English SUBs.

Bought a Hong Kong Blu-ray, People’s Hero

1 Like

I kinda never stopped my horror binge that began in September…

104870_large

119293_large

120454_large

6 Likes

Just bought:

3 Likes

This year’s Christmas Haul Part 1

3 Likes

New blu-ray:

Retailing on Amazon UK for £28 at the time of writing this post, but it’s only £8 in Sainsbury’s.

3 Likes

1 Like

I have great admiration for these Samurai classics…

5 Likes

CLASSIC!!!

1 Like

An outstanding set, Tosc. The only thing I don’t like about it is that the BFI house their discs in those horrid cases which hold the discs by the edges rather than through the middles. I always feel like I’m going to snap the disc trying to get it out/put it back.

Anyway, just ordered from HMV:

New blu-rays:

Upgrades from DVD to blu-ray:

All in HMV’s 2 for £15 on their Premium Collection.

4 Likes

I totally agree about the naff cases…
By the way Asa, you have some great titles there…film noir, Harryhausen…Elvis…you cant go wrong. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve never really paid any attention to film noir before. I mean, modern day homages like Brick (Johnson, 2005) or Sin City (Miller/Rodriguez), sure, but never the real thing from the 30s/40s/50s… Of all things, I was actually watching a noir-themed episode of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia for the umpteenth time when I thought, hang on, I think I should have looked into noir films by now! They’ve been around for a lot longer than I have. So, I’m dipping a toe in.

1 Like

Asa, this dvd box-set (£6.99), from Amazon, features four of the best Film Noir movies…

1 Like

New blu-ray:

2 Likes

Just bought: 88 Films’ Blu-ray of Blastfighter

4 Likes

Just bought the Blu-ray of Godfrey Ho’s Mission Thunderbolt from Amazon Germany. Ended up snagging the last copy they had for $70.

3 Likes

Pre-ordered (due out in March):

3 Likes

Found this blu ray for a good price.
It has Spanish, Italian and English languages.

3 Likes