I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Indiegogo.com (GBP 30.00)

2 Likes

Ah a fellow campaign supporter :slight_smile: Nice.

2 Likes

Got a bit carried away…

And the best of all…

4 Likes

’Bicycle Thieves’ was lucky enough to find this BD/DVD combo in a charity shop for a ‘quid’ … I’d never seen the film before, but was really blown away - what a movie! Plus as a bonus, a small cameo by future Spaghetti Western God, Sergio Leone himself ! :wink:

You got a nice collection there … it’s good to get ‘carried away’ occasionally - Enjoy!

1 Like

Yep I really enjoyed it, already want to watch it again. Such a simple premise executed wonderfully.

1 Like

Got a bunch of Italian goodies:

Violent Professionals
Devilfish
Fangs of the Living Dead

AC_US218AC_US218AC_US218

2 Likes

New blu-rays:

Zavvi.com (GBP 20.54)

Zavvi.com (GBP 8.63)

Base.com (GBP 5.43)

Got a single new Italian addition recently:

Enigma rosso aka Red Rings of Fear

AC_US218

New blu-ray set:

Never seen any of them.

Just got new Arrow release of The Case of the Scorpion’s Tail

AC_US218

1 Like

New blu-ray set:

I already had Enter the Dragon on blu but I didn’t have any of the others on any format. Don’t concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory!

I’m refusing to buy Enter the Dragon on Blu-ray until they release the original version.

‘Game of Death’ is hard work, really unwatchable in my book … Good luck! :rofl:

I’m so glad the BBFC cut the nunchucks out of Enter the Dragon back in the day! nunchucks are super offensive, but everything else in the film is fine…

1 Like

I actually love this one but my preferred cut is the Hong Kong theatrical version. It removes most of the pointless scenes from the beginning and feels more like an action movie. I’m hoping that this version is released on Blu-ray someday. The so-called “Hong Kong version” floating around is actually the Singapore version with an alternative ending and it’s missing the Ji Han Jae fight. I have the Hong Kong version on VHS but the quality is terrible. If I had good editing software, I’d reconstruct it myself using different sources.

The full theatrical version of Enter the Dragon is on the first UK VHS release. Unfortunately Warner Brothers have neglected this cut and it still isn’t available. I have a fan project with the original soundtrack and footage from laserdisc re-inserted but it would be nice to have an official release. Until they release this version on Blu-ray, I’m sticking with my DVD-R.

of course Game of Death is hard to watch…. it’s an unfinished movie… just a prototype basically.

I actually enjoyed Game of Death 2 more because of Hwang Jang Lee :slight_smile: he’s probably my favorite villain in kung fu movies.

If anybody wants the Singapore version of Game of Death with the greenhouse fight in, I have the old OOP DVD for trade.