I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Sadly I’m in Denmark so am far away from all the fun :frowning: Those two above are from the UK branch of Criterion by the way.

A couple of releases turned up today aswell:

Grizzly
Beat Girl
Phenomena

Picked up a couple of 70s western Blurays from Fopp yesterday. Only £6 each so well worth it I think.

I have not seen that Argento film, but I have quite a few of his films on my watch list.

A bunch of stuff turned up today:

Brain Damage
The Neptune Factor
Teen Witch
Invisble Ghost
Chamber of Horrors
House of 1000 Dolls
Die Monster Die
The Legend of Hell House
Forbidden World
Bad Dreams / Visiting Hours
Deadly Eyes
Pumpkinhead II
The Legacy

A bundle of joy arrived today:

Edgar Wallace Blu-ray Edition 2
Nenè - Die Frühreife
Die Helden der Kompanie
Ein zärtliches Biest
Breakin / Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo
You’ll Like My Mother
Roadie
Sonny Boy
The Vampire
Child’s Play
Mannequin
Mannequin 2
Bolero / Ghosts Can’t Do It
Rollercoaster
The Sentinel
Carrie / The Rage: Carrie 2
The Brain That Wouldn’t Die

How on Earth do you find the time to watch all the stuff you get? :smile:

Well, the short answer is, I don’t :slight_smile: My movies-to-watch pile is growing at the moment it’s true but the purchases will slow down at some point and then I’ll catch up, or die trying. One or the other :slight_smile:

What is that… 34, 35 films in a week??

As they say in Full Metal Jacket: Hardcore, man. F*cking hardcore. :slight_smile:

Breakin’ and Breakin’ 2. Oh boy, those take me back. Back to when Hip-Hop hadn’t quite become a mainstream cultural touchstone yet, it was still a niche interest, our niche interest, and those films (along with Wild Style, Beat Street and Style Wars) were shaping who we were. Ah, we were such numbskulls back then. :grinning:

You know, every “part 2” sequel ever made sounds 150% better immediately, if you add the suffix “Electric Boogaloo”. That’s not just my opinion btw, that’s a scientific fact. Try it: Godfather pt.II: Electric Boogaloo, Omen II: Electric Boogaloo… see? It even works with sequels that don’t exist yet. Look: Sophie’s Choice 2: Electric Boogaloo. Cool! :grin:

1 Like

Well, there was a going-out-of business sale at an online store so got carried away :slight_smile:

Never saw either Breakin’-movie but I’m a sucker for 80s movies and tv-series. Am going through Miami Vice at the moment and boy that brings back some memories. A fantastic series then and now.

The Great Silence 2: Electric Boogaloo …Well blimey you’re right :slight_smile:

1 Like

New blu-rays:

:relaxed:
Some Spanish classics arrived at a middlewoman in Germany

1 Like

Nice. Got the regular limited edition of Blutiger Freitag coming my way. If I had known there was a kickstarter project I might have joined. Looks nice.

I got the regular non limited Blu-Ray coming

New blu-ray:

Just waiting on this to arrive. I’m selling the UK and Hong Kong DVD releases.

New Blu-Rays:

Upgrades from DVD to Blu-Ray:

2 Likes

Arrived today.
My nephew has bought today 3(!) Blu-rays named “Serbia in the Balkans Wars” at Jugoslovenska Kinoteka shop in Belgrade. I’ll get them in a month.

1 Like

New blu-ray:

New blu-rays:

http://imgur.com/vBw0WOR.jpg

Upgrades from DVD to blu-ray:

Just ordered:

https://s24.postimg.org/i1vd1n51h/rsz_1913q-wu6ifl_sl1500.jpg

Had to cancel my Sinbad box-set pre-order to afford it, but it went down to £77 fairly recently (it had hovered around the £95-£105 mark more-or-less ever since it had been released a couple of years ago) and then, just after Adam West passed on, it sold out and was only being sold on Amazon Marketplace in excess of £150, so when it came back in this week for £77 again I had to jump on it.

I’ll have to look at Sinbad another day. This’ll likely be my last significant blu purchase for a few weeks, I’ve got to pay some catalogue bills. Turns out Very.co.uk weren’t giving away Samsung tablets last Black Friday :slight_smile:.