I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Zavvi.com (EUR 30.50)

Just ordered:

It’s the second time I’ve tried to buy Godzilla 2000. The seller cancelled on me last time (item was damaged, I think they said). Hopefully I’ll have more luck this time.

New blu-ray:

Got the following the last couple of days:

Jaws Box Set
Deep End
That Sinking Feeling
Pulse
The Playgirls and the Vampire

Just bought:

A bunch turned up yesterday:

Sherlock Holmes Edition
Adriano Celentano Collection Vol. 2

Miami Vice - The Complete Series
Deadly Prey
The Escapees
Lips of Blod
Millenium / R.O.T.O.R.
Lisa
Stryker
Who?
The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant
The Rift
Queen of Blood
Rage of Honor
Pray for Death

I’ve just pre-ordered:

Released, according to ‘Amazon.uk’, on June 19th.

Wow, looks like it will make up for their messed up release a few years ago

Upgrade from another blu-ray and a DVD set:

From memory, I seem to recall that there are a few ‘Marx Brothers’ fans on the ‘SWDB’…

Released on May 15th, this is for all of you, who enjoy a simple diet of Cocoanuts, Animal Crackers, and Duck Soup…
and; to follow up…Horse Feathers, and a wee bit of Monkey Business…

As an aperitif:

Bon Appetit

Also just pre-ordered:

Being both a fan of the late, great Lewis Collins (The Professionals), and the one constant star in our Universe, Michael Caine, I am looking forward to this ITV adaption being released, on Blu-ray. My only reservation is, perhaps, that it was initially shot in 4:3. This Blu-ray release, by ‘Network’, will be in ‘widescreen’…better picture quality, but less screen image, perchance?

The 5 early Marx Bros films are the real deal of the Marxens. Apart from Duck Soup not that well directed, but incredibly funny.

When they changed from Paramount to MGM the sentimental and conventional aspects began to take over.

This is true but the MGM films still contain some of their best and funniest sequences. A Night at the Opera in particular has some standout stuff in it. And the excessive songs and romantic fluff at least give you an opportunity to grab another beer from the fridge.

I seem to remember, Phil, that you are a wee bit partial to the zany antics of the ‘Marx Brothers’?

A bundle of Code Red-titles turned up today:

Savage Attraction
The Jigsaw Murders
Hot Moves
Headhunter
Devil Times Five
The Black Gestapo
Nightfall

Just ordered:

Just got the new Arrow Video 4-movie House Collection:

Sold out from Arrow so scoop it up while you can :slight_smile:

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is probably my favourite Argento film. Not sure If I can justify re-buying it yet, but that looks like another top notch Arrow release :slight_smile: