I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

The 4 releases from the 88 Films indiegogo-campaign arrived today. Not my photo but I got the same :slight_smile:

Plus my purchases in the latest Arrow-sale:

Crimes of Passion
Tenderness of the Wolves
Return of the Killer Tomatoes

Zavvi.com (EUR 22.90 + EUR 21.80)

I’ve just pre-ordered ‘Phantasm 1-5’. Produced by ‘Arrow’, the release date - on Amazon - is April 24th.

Also, I’ve just seen that ‘Arrow’ will also be releasing the ‘House’ collection, 1-4, on March 20th.

This is shaping up to be a good year for releases…

1 Like

I agree :slight_smile: I already preordered the House Collection and I am going to preorder the Phantasm-set also. Already have the Anchor Bay sphere set so now I will have two spheres. Yipiee :slight_smile:

Do like a spot of The Tall Man myself, have Phantasm 5 on my watch pile.

Another fantastic ‘Arrow’ release, on March 27th, and starring Christopher George (Grizzly, Day of the Animals).

Yep. Already got the Grindhouse-release myself (including puzzle) but Arrow is releasing this deluxe version also:

http://www.piecesdeluxe.com/

If you want to part with £60 for it :slight_smile:

No chance! But cheers for the info, amigo! :slight_smile:

‘Stereo Sphere’! Great sound…so long as the tall man doesn’t get you, first! :wink:

I’ve just bought the following:

I’ve never seen ‘Alfredo’…but it’s directed by Sam Peckinpah, and stars the ever-gifted Warren Oates…so it should be blimmin’ good…

As for the new ‘Mag. 7’ film…I’ve heard so many reviews for, and against…I’ll watch it at the week-end.
I suspect I’ll either hate, loathe, or be totally unmoved by the experience. We shall see…

By the way, does anyone remember the fantastic TV series, from a few years back, starring Michael Bien (Terminator), Ron Perlman (Hellboy), and the incomparable Robert Vaughan?
I love the TV series…some fantastic stories…one of my all-time favourites.
I love the idea of people ‘sticking together’, to fight a ‘just’ cause.

1 Like

Arrived today

1 Like

New Blu-Rays:

All due for a rewatch

3 Likes

Wake in Fright. That’s one of my favorites. Whenever people ask me for film suggestions I tell them to watch this.

1 Like

I’m with you there, Bill. An absolute masterpiece by Ted Kotcheff.

And I concur. Favorite Aussie flick that was not directed by George Miller. Also, both Bone Tomahawk and Sicario are among very few of the best recent movies I’ve seen, so very good purchase. I liked Sicario much better than latest Villeneuve movie Arrival, which I think is a bit overrated.

Arrival, despite it’s slow pace, was good enough even 15 minutes before the end. The science was generally alright even if some things could have been more consistent. However, the unveiling of the love story and the answer as to why the aliens visited the earth left me a bit :unamused: and ruined the experience to some degree. But certainly not as much as the conclusion of Interstellar.

Yes, ending of Interstellar was just dumb attempt at crowdpleasing. Of the 3 high-profile SFs in the last 3 years, I like The Martian the best, which appears as “lightest” of them, but at least it knows what it is and keeps its pace from start to finish (still, the finish is the weakest part of that movie too). Without pretentiousness that burdens other two, it’s the most entertaining one.

Well…having watched both ‘Martian’, and ‘Interstellar’, at Christmas, I have to say…

Loved ‘The Martian’…man on distant planet, enduring against the odds…
As for ‘Insterstellar’…I loved the film, up until the last part…

…I couldn’t suss it! What the heck was it all about?

Seriously, I liked ‘Interstellar’, up until the last part…then…I lost the plot!