I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

Forgive me for not posting pics…

It appears that ‘Slasher’ movies have taken over the ‘Toskano’ house-hold!
I’ve already I watched a ‘scutch’ before, and during Chrismas, and the ‘bug’ has spread…

I’ve just ordered the following from ‘All Your Music’ - a blimmin’ good U.S.A. Company to deal with…

‘INTRUDER’
‘THE PROWLER’;
‘THE DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD’
DEAD AND BURIED’
‘MANIAC’
‘NIGHT OF THE CREEPS’

The majority are, ’ ‘Blue Underground’; but the ‘Dorm That Dripped Blood’ is from a Company called ‘Synyapse’.

You’re right! I get alot of my imported stuff from them.

Yeah Synapse put out some nice editions, it was great to finally own the uncut Dorm That Dripped Blood, and we have them to thank for that.

I’m looking forward to it, Dean…

Bought a lot from them through Amazon.co.uk. My favourite third party seller on there. Unfortunately not all they sell is available to us mortals living outside the UK :frowning:

Got the following from Dorado Films yesterday:

Jess Francos Forgotten Films - Vol 1 (“Ultimate Edition”)

Bum!

The Jess Franco’s appear to be ‘Region A’ locked!

Where did you read that? I believe that they were supposed to be region free and that is also what is specified on the box !? Haven’t had the disc for a spin yet though.

Hi. Do you mind if I ask where you are, and why you can’t receive certain titles?

Sorry, ‘AvatarDK’, I’ve only just seen your thread re: Jess Franco…bear with me…while I re-check…

My humble apologies, the Jess Franco DOES appear to be region-free.

First thing, this morning, I went onto ‘Blu-ray.com’, and just saw that it was Region A…my mistake, I should have checked further…

Cheers for that, ‘AvatarDK’!:slight_smile:

I’m in Denmark and a lot of the titles AllYourMusic sells on amazon.co.uk they won’t send outside of the UK. Mind you, that doesn’t show until I actually try to purchase the given title so it’s a big pain.

It is different American-produced blu-rays that they refuse to sell. Stuff from Scream Factory, Olive Films, Grindhouse Releasing is what comes to mind. It doesn’t make any sense as some movies from said companies can be bought without problems and others are for the UK only. I’ve written to them asking why and they give me some crap about they are not allowed etc. etc. which makes no sense.

I used to always have around 4-10 orders on the way from them, but now I have none. The well has more or less dried up :frowning:

They probably haven’t checked it yet and just by default show Region A because its an American release.

That said, I badly need a Region free or at least a Region A-player. Got a bunch of Region A-locked titles on my shelves just sitting there waiting to be watched :slight_smile:

Damn! I’m really sorry to hear that, and I thought I had problems…

LOL. I’m sure there are even bigger problems than mine in the world :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, I’ve also been thinking about investing in a ‘region-free’ bluray machine…

I’ve checked out a few on ‘Amazon.uk’, and there are one or two with reasonably good reviews…but it’s the one star reviews that I worry about…not decided yet…

Like yourself, I’ve got a scutch of NTSC dvds (‘Godzilla’, Spaghetti Western, etc.) that are crying out for a region-free dash to freedom!

I am probably going to import a player from the States and save a couple of Danish Kroner but let me know if you trip over a good deal. I have yet to find that useable player that doesn’t cross the £130 or so line. If your existing player costs more than that that is probably not something you’ll have second thoughts about but my current one cost me around £40 :slight_smile:

Okay, amigo…

I’ll let you know how I get on…

By the way, albeit, a little late…‘Happy New Year!’

Right back at ya amigo.

The following three blu-ray releases arrived today:

99 Women (Limited edition)
C.H.U.D.
Eddie and the Cruisers / Eddie and the Cruisers II: Eddie Lives!

And a couple of Redemption blu-rays turned up today:

Daughter of Dracula
The Sadistic Baron von Klaus
The Iron Rose