I Just Bought … (Non-SW Shopping Diary)

I like trees, sorry to hear of your troubles !

New Blu-ray:

Just ordered:

This 5 kilo gigantic box set just turned up today:

Shock and Gore: The Films of Herschell Gordon Lewis

1 Like

Won’t pretend to be a fan of HG Lewis but I loves me a good-looking set, and that looks like a good-looking set! What is that there, a sick bag? :smile:

It is indeed :slight_smile: All lots of goodies in this one. But weighs a ton and nearly impossible to find room for it om my shelf. The box is roughly the size of an 8 cm deep LP cover if that makes any sense. And heavy as hell.

14 movies that comes with a string of reading material that I am sucker for:

http://www.boxofgore.com/details/

Some rare and not so rare birds

Just received ‘100 Rilfles’ Bluray from Germany - (Burt Reynolds; the beautiful Raguel Welch; and - of course the mean, machine, himself…Jim Brown!!

I must admit to looking forward to this…damn!!! I need to work through the rest of my pre-Christmas BD and DVD’s first!!

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also received ‘Exit Humanity’, on Bluray, through the letter-box…I haven’t had the time yet to check out …too many films…so little time…!!!.

Upgrade from old blu-ray to new, more feature-laden blu-ray:

Hadn’t bought anything in a long time, here’s my recent purchases

New blu-ray:

See, now this is a trait which I need to excise from my disc-buying habits. I didn’t much care for Suicide Squad (Ayer, 2016) when I saw it and yet here it now sits, in my blu-ray collection, on its second day of release here in the UK, because I’ve got to own all of the MCU movies and all of the DCEU movies. Stupid.

I have shown (slight) improvement in this area, though; at one time, I owned all of the Pixar movies right up to Cars 2 (Lasseter, 2011), but since then I have declined to purchase Brave (Andrews/Chapman, 2012), Inside Out (Docter, 2015), The Good Dinosaur (Sohn, 2015) and Finding Dory (Stanton, 2016), and whilst I may very well yet purchase The Good Dinosaur (I liked it quite a bit more than I thought I was going to when I finally saw it), I still can’t see myself picking up the other three. So that’s progress, I suppose. Of course, if those refusals represent progress, it stands then that purchasing Suicide Squad last night - and indeed Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (Plotkin, 2015) a few weeks ago - must represent a setback. Hm.

Bunch of VFP releases, pretty sweet. Now I need to fix my vcr.

2 Likes

Upgrade from DVDs to Blu-Ray:

(Mostly)Upgrades from DVD to Blu-Ray:

I already have The Exorcist in a slightly better blu-ray presentation than the one in here (well, it’s the same presentation but with a bonus disc). The sequels/prequels are all replacements for DVDs though.

Nice tapes Bad Lieutenant !

Only got my U.K tape to The Price of Death this year, was after it for years, which uses similar artwork to your one.

New Blu-Ray:

New Blu-Ray:

Nice call, ‘last.caress’.

I watched this last week, as part of my ‘Christnovdecfest’, and thoroughly enjoyed it…

What, X-Men: Apocalypse? Yes, it’s not bad; it’s no gamechanger but I enjoyed it well enough, probably more than the overrated X-Men: Days of Future Past which would’ve been superb if it hadn’t insisted on stopping every ten minutes so Professor X could have a mawkish and overwrought chinwag with this character or that (and even with himself at one point). The ending of Apocalypse descends into a mindless battle royale of course featuring swirling cgi debris while various X-Men stagger around a sound stage but then again, don’t they all? :slight_smile:

New Blu-Rays:

Upgrade from DVD to Blu-Ray:

Hi, lastcaress’.
Totally agree about ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’…watched it a couple of years ago, and was thoroughly confused…
By the way…knowing that you tend to like your Batman animation, have you seen ‘Batman and Robin - Return of the Caped Crusaders’?
I watched it the other night, and found it hilarious…animation superb…very well done, and a tribute to the original series.
Having Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar return, voicing Batman, Robin, and Catwoman, was a treasure in itself…
Adios, Toscano…

I have indeed, I think it’s excellent. I always had a soft spot for the 60’s TV show though. It’s one of the only shows - along with The Muppet Show - which I loved as a kid at face value and which I was able to love all over again as an adult but for entirely different reasons, when I could see all the nods and winks. Batman and Robin: The Return of the Caped Crusaders captures the spirit of the show incredibly well; far better than it has any right to, really. I don’t think Santa is bringing me a copy for Christmas so, assuming he doesn’t, I shall be ordering myself the Blu-Ray somewhere between Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve.