How SW Saloon unconsciously influences your daily life

Ok, I’m leaving. Goodbye.

So after all you weren’t exaggerating about that existential crisis. Too bad

I hope my PMS comment didn’t offend… it was merely a test on that whole serious-taking business :wink:

Well, I didn’t mean to offend anybody either
But I think Mrs AE was joking when she said she’d leave.

Can be very confusing, internet communication…

I’m surprised wars weren’t waged before the invention of the smiley

which is why Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia went to war - complete lack of smiley’s in the Non-Aggression Pact of 1939. :wink:

Thank goodness for smileys! :slight_smile:

I think Mrs. AE has left the forum permanently. Think the comments got to her.

Not to be harsh but if you’re that thin skinned perhaps this isn’t the place for you. This forum is not unkind at all. A bit of ribbing now and again is part of life!

Yes, this forum is very kind.

Hmm, … well, I generally assume principally at first irony instead of an attack, if a post is mistakable.

But I also made the experience that without a smiley people sometimes don’t get it and are a bit offended when I thought the irony or the joke was obvious.

Any board for that matter you should have some thick skin. I agree with you and Stanton this board is very easy going and kind.

If you think this forum is unfriendly you should visit a school class for one day!

or any other board/forum… this place is very different from them thankfully.

I agree, this forum really is the friendliest and least bitchy one i’ve ever been on. And i’ve had a couple of hairy moments here! Most of it in jest as was obvious (though i’m still scratching my head over the comment about being placed on the shoulder of Harmonica!). And the one bad thing was soon sorted out (and i hindsight maybe i overreacted to it). It’s sad that a member has actually left over something like this though. I know some women are very sensitive to pms comments though!

I had some run-ins here but it was with that nasty individual who is no longer here and everyone else here is helpful and willing to discuss the movies and anything else in an intelligent manner.

LOL…i never had a problem with him until right at the tail end of his many appearances (i think this was with another of his aliases!). It was a pretty funny diatribe from him but i think it’s been deleted!

Yes I joined the board about the time his antics got way out of hand… his complete lack of reading comments and attacking people was out of hand… I wish him luck in getting the mental health care he so desperately needs.

BTW, I think this dude was HIM.

?

Prehaps, but I don’t think so.

In hindsight of all this…whatever it is, I’ll say this (and add a smiley) I guess PMS stood for ‘Packed My Shit’. :slight_smile: Seriously, is this what it has come to here, leaving over something like that. Devil Bunny is very self deprecating & actually enjoys jokes like that & ribbing (for her pleasure ;)) This is by far the nicest group of forumittes I’ve ever dealt with. Try the CG forum’s, It’s like a SW Saloon. I, obviously don’t mind the ribbing & jokes but this is a SW board & it’s nice to actually discuss these movies now & again & not sign up just to promote another site. Just learn that…

1. Stanton’s always right
  2. Sherp’s the smartest
  3. ENNIOO is God
  4. Phil H is the father figure of the group

and you’ll be OK

With that being said check out my new site…

www.whyangeleyesleft.com