today it s me tomorrow it s you
my name is nobody
a genius a partner and a dupe
the call me trinity
trinity is stil my name
boots hill
man of the east

that s what i got some are underway to add to my collection
it s not all spaghettie but there still fun to watch not all of them i have to admit some are real pieces of shit

Too many to list.

I have around 150 SW’s and at least 50 other westerns.

Haven’t counted in quite some time and I am sorting through my entire collection at the moment…
But, as of last count (about two months back, I think), I had 337 Spaghetti Westerns and somewhere around 325 American Westerns (not including Western TV series collections—of which I have quite a few).
Oh, and I do have a few Mexican Westerns, as well…say about 14.

So, I guess my Westerns collection all together is roughly 670 titles…give or take.

For those interested there is already a topic for displaying your Spaghetti Western movie collection:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/forum/index.php/topic,280.0.html

Personally I’ve got around 320 spaghetti westerns and 0 (zero) ‘normal’ westerns (not quite true, got a bunch in some cheap box sets I bought for the spaghettis but I don’t intend to watch them) :slight_smile:

Ah Soren, you are missing out. Some of my favourite films of all time are ‘normal’ westerns. They are, after all, the inspiration point for spaghettis so I’m sure there’s stuff in there you would enjoy. Of course, like any genre, there is wheat and chaff but there are a ton of U.S westerns that I would recommend to anyone.
Go on, take a risk. Give 'em a try.

I’ve been told this before in a previous discussion :slight_smile: My problem is that my focus is elsewhere namely on the Italian genre movies. I watch a lot of spaghetti westerns but also crime, gialli, comedy, war etc. enjoying spotting the spaghetti western actors in non-western roles and this movie watching takes up all my movie watching time so the American western is a genre I’ve chosen not to watch for this reason. No time.

If I should run out of Italian movies to watch I’ll be sure to give the genre a go though but I don’t see that happening for many years to come :slight_smile:

Indeed: [font=Verdana]etc.[/font] You forgot the most important genre !

But you’re three: if you let your two amigos watch all those upskirt movies, you can watch American westerns in peace and become an expert in no time!

[quote=“Søren, post:6, topic:1084”]I’ve been told this before in a previous discussion :slight_smile: My problem is that my focus is elsewhere namely on the Italian genre movies. I watch a lot of spaghetti westerns but also crime, gialli, comedy, war etc. enjoying spotting the spaghetti western actors in non-western roles and this movie watching takes up all my movie watching time so the American western is a genre I’ve chosen not to watch for this reason. No time.

If I should run out of Italian movies to watch I’ll be sure to give the genre a go though but I don’t see that happening for many years to come :)[/quote]

You mean, you haven’t seen one of the american westerns?

Or you don’t watch’ em now, not even the Eastwood or the Peckinpah films?

[quote=“scherpschutter, post:7, topic:1084”]Indeed: [font=Verdana]etc.[/font] You forgot the most important genre !

But you’re three: if you let your two amigos watch all those upskirt movies, you can watch American westerns in peace and become an expert in no time![/quote]
LOL. You’re right, I do enjoy those light Italian erotic comedies. Reminds me of the Danish Sign (Tegn) movies from roughly the same period :stuck_out_tongue:

The two amigos have heard your proposal and aren’t that thrilled :slight_smile:

I’ve seen plenty of American westerns in my time. Seems like that was all they could send on Danish Television when I grew up (only one Danish channel then. But it’s been years since I laid eyes on one.

Well, I can relate to the whole time issue. There isn’t enough hours in the week for me to watch all the movies I want to. My ‘to watch’ pile is testament to that. Still, hopefully you’ll find a window some time soon and catch up on some of the classics that inspired the italians to make westerns in the first place.

I’m with Brother Soren on this. Other than a handful of the obvious - Wild Bunch, Magnificent 7, Searchers, and the magnifent Vera Cruz, I havn’t seen many others than just a few that are lost in time from seeing on a wet sunday afternoon tv as a kid. They usually had too much soppy love interest to keep me glued.
I was no big cowboy and injun western fan either - I blame my folks for buying me an Injun outfit as a kid. There’s only so much being tied to a tree and being beaten up by the ‘cowboys’ a lad can take. (I’m still missing a front tooth from those days.)
It was teenage years with Django and Sabata that got me into these films - now similar to Soren - 320 or so spags and a few american westerns that I don’t watch.

I have quite a few more Spaghettis than any other type of western (about 250 of them)
Then about 35-40 “world westerns, non-western westerns, etc” (Australian, Thai, Japanese, various Euro, Mexican, et cetera)
And I have about 90-100 sound era American westerns but I find them much, much less interesting (on a personal level) than the Spaghettis. One of my interests, though, is the mythology of the American West. The development of that mythology over time is fascinating and all of these films are artifacts.
I have about 20 or so silent film westerns (and am about to get a passle more soon). The name I use on this site is a silent western film reference.

@ The Rev, have you not seen Monte Hellman’s two low budget existential westerns (The Shooting & Ride In The Whirlwind)? I don’t know that you would like them but they fall outside of the normal American mold. I love them.

I have about 50 spags, half as many American westerns and no other types.

I started really getting into spaghettis shortly before I found this website and things took off from there. I’m having a blast watching them and building my collection.

I have now 221 Spagies on DVD or DVDR (and a handful of VHS recordings), nearly all of them bought or traded within the last 3 years.
Only Leone and Corbucci made it before 2005, the year of rebirth. giggle

I have only about 100 american westerns, many of them on VHS, but if it was only for quality I should have also about 250 or more of them.

I like the whole western spectrum from the silent days to nowadays, with a preference for the years from about 64 to 76.

[quote=“stanton, post:14, topic:1084”]Only Leone and Corbucci made it before 2005, the year of rebirth. giggle

I like the whole western spectrum from the silent days to nowadays, with a preference for the years from about 64 to 76.[/quote]

Somehow I have a hard time imagining you giggling, amigo.

How many Silents have you seen? Have you seen Hell’s Hinges (William S. Hart/1916)?
I like Hart quite a lot.

doya’know - I reckon I do have one or both of these. I saw them in those slim cases in a £shop. I’m not sure where they are but there was something about 'em that appealed (besides them being a £ a piece). They’ll still be sealed up but if I can find 'em …

I’ve been hunting and I’ve found all my non-spaghettis - besides the ones mentioned I’ve got all the Clint ones, Zachariah (not seen), Posse (seen but forgotten), Open Range, Dollar for the Dead, a vid of [i]Fire Power/i, a canadian contemporary to spags film on vid called White Power (brutal and bonkers), a couple of more recent, but spaghetti-ish dvds - Blind Justice and The Journeyman (love 'em), Tears of the Black Tiger (indonesian?) and 3 from the £ store - The Return of Josey Wales, Ride in the Whirlwind and The Shooting. That’s it - hardly a collection of classics, but taking Brother Romaine’s advice, I’ll try the two he mentioned.
Oh - and how could I forget this beaut … Carry On Cowboy :smiley:

I have 3 1m shelves with dvds, the top one is spaghetti only, probably about 80. then i have a fistful others (unforgiven, high plains drifter, open range, wild bunch)…

so my western collection is pretty modest aside from the spaghetti madness

Why?

How many Silents have you seen? Have you seen Hell's Hinges (William S. Hart/1916)? I like Hart quite a lot.

Oh, not so much, there’s not much available.

The Iron Horse
The Great Train Robbery
Trail of 98 (C. Brown)

I just got a DVDR of 3 Bad Men, which I had seen as a child, 30 years ago. (Unbelievable, the time)

The only one I have on VHS is Tide of Empire (A. Dwan 29) with an interesting modern sounding score.

I saw ,also long ago, several by Griffith:

The Last Drop of Water
The Red Man’s View
Just Gold
The Rose of Salem’s Town
The Massacre

The last one is a classic.

These are the ones I would like to see most:

Hell’s Hinges (question answered)
Straight Shooting
The Last of the Mohicans
The Covered Wagon
The Battle of Elderbush Gulch
The Winning of Barbara Worth

Recently saw this for the first time, i was pleasantly surprised, the shootout at the end is great