How many spags have you watched?

350 or something like that. I went through my list of spaghetti westerns yesterday. I own ca. 50 more I haven’t watched yet. Most of them are in German, French or other languages I don’t speak since no other version is available.

SWs = Italian & Spanish productions. Sledge and Comin’ At Ya! are spagetti enough for me, Blueberry (Kounen) and Winnetou films are eurowesterns and thus do not count.

I’m not as old as Tom (who says himself that he’s probably the oldest on the forum), but I’m working on it. I have seen the Leone’s, a few Corbucci’s and a handful of other SWs in cinema, in the late 60’s, early 70’s. I was still very young then and wasn’t allowed to see some films that had an ‘18-rating’ like Django or Django Kill (10 - 12)

In the late 70s, there were late night showing in the city of Eindhoven, and I saw about twenty SWs more (20)
In the meantime I had seen some 20 SW comedies in regular showings (20)

In the 80’s, after the breakthrough of home video, I saw some 50 on VHS and some 50 more on tv (RTL had regular SW showings)
(100)

In the 90s I forgot about SWs, except for an occasional Leone or Corbucci.

In 2004, so rather late, I bought a DVD player and rediscovered the genre; I guess I’ve seen some 40 or 50 SWs since then (SWs I had not seen before, that is) (50)

So I’ve seen some 200 SWs, I guess.

I’ll keep watching the genre as long as I make ‘discoveries’;
Last year I discovered films like Pistoleros, El precio de un Hombre and - God bless our Rev - El Puro;

Up from 157 movies 9 months ago (can I see from a previous post) to the current 224 … Try to get at least one new spaghetti western seen every week… But so little time and so many movies wanted to be seen :slight_smile:

Respect to those of you who have broken the 300, 400 or God forbid 500 mark …

About 80, i can’t afford to buy any new dvd nowadays due to lack of funds :frowning:

Ha, ha if you watch 500 SWs you are maybe serious ill.

A harsh remark at a spaghetti western board but probably a very accurate diagnosis :wink:

Haha, I bet right about now in the sci fi forums all the trekkies are bragging about how many episodes of star trek they’ve seen.

no seriously, mad respect for those SW veterans who have broken the 150-200 barrier. I’m slowly trying to catch up to you guys.

Well I wasn’t sure how many I own or have watched, but having at last gotten round to making a list - even taking out dubious entries like Deadlock/ Lemonade Joe which are in Weisser’s book … but leaving in my mexi-westerns and ‘3 bullets for a long gun’ and ‘My name is Lucky’ just to be contrariwise, I have in one format or another Beta/vhs/dvd/dvdr 258 films. (And 4 more beauties on order.)
However, I’ve ticked the seen 100-150 box even tho’ I’ve certainly seen the upper figure or above (most probable) - some I’ve started and fallen asleep to (too many drugs SD ;)), some I’ve simply forgotten and need to see again. Unfortunately, some are (the horror :-[) comedies … and I can’t bring/lower myself to watch them.
And JOY - some are being saved for a special ‘in-the-mood’ time. Yeeha ;D

[quote=“Bluntwolf, post:19, topic:562”]No, you’re not ! But you’re in good company and very welcome here !!! :slight_smile:

What’s your favourite ‘trash-western’ ???[/quote]

Thank you, Bluntwolf. This is a great Forum.
My favorite “trash-western”?

Black Killer !

I think I’ll watch it again tonight! Then tomorrow I’ll ad to the comments over in the film section.
Gracias

more than 200 almoust 230 but most of them 20 or 25 minutes! the crapy ones are sooooo many!!!

It isn’t fair! :smiley:
Up to now I’ve watched more or less 90, but from first to last minute (and uncut if possible)

[quote=“JonathanCorbett, post:31, topic:562”]It isn’t fair! :smiley:
Up to now I’ve watched more or less 90, but from first to last minute (and uncut if possible)[/quote]
maybe you have watch the good ones that’s why you watch all the minutes :wink:

Borders on blasphemy. One of the things you have to learn is how to enjoy the not-pristine spaghettis which indeed are many but most of them have some redeeming qualities. If you can’t stand most of them and don’t even see them to the end maybe the genre just isn’t for you.

And really, watching the first 20 minutes doesn’t constitute a viewing that equals an abandoning of the movie. You didn’t watch it, you sampled it and found it not to your liking. I’ve been there. Never with a spaghetti though but a couple of American movies I’ve been unable to sit through.

So pull yourself together and remember we know where you live and we all carry firearms.

[quote=“Søren, post:33, topic:562”]Borders on blasphemy. One of the things you have to learn is how to enjoy the not-pristine spaghettis which indeed are many but most of them have some redeeming qualities. If you can’t stand most of them and don’t even see them to the end maybe the genre just isn’t for you.

And really, watching the first 20 minutes doesn’t constitute a viewing that equals an abandoning of the movie. You didn’t watch it, you sampled it and found it not to your liking. I’ve been there. Never with a spaghetti though but a couple of American movies I’ve been unable to sit through.

So pull yourself together and remember we know where you live and we all carry firearms.[/quote]
you must understand one thing the 350 almoust are unwatchble…
that’s it and live with that, if you want trash westerns i give some, he he ;D
the americans it’s the real disaster of the genre

[quote=“Søren, post:33, topic:562”]Borders on blasphemy. One of the things you have to learn is how to enjoy the not-pristine spaghettis which indeed are many but most of them have some redeeming qualities. If you can’t stand most of them and don’t even see them to the end maybe the genre just isn’t for you.

So pull yourself together and remember we know where you live and we all carry firearms.[/quote]
in my country know only django and dollar trilogy and if ask them about the others they said all the others are crap
that’s mistake, not all the westerns some 60 or 70 good and the others are in the bottom…

I like the crap ones.

you are not the first ;D

Haha…same here.

Always give the ones you don’t dig as much a second viewing on a later date. I find that the second time around you may be suprised.

Personally, I always try to finish the movies I start and if I can’t it’s because it’s not a choice (falling asleep, having to leave someplace, etc.). As of now, I’ve watched only 54 spaghetti westerns, been busy lately. And I agree with Hoover, a second viewing can be quite beneficial, although some films you just know you’ll never like.