Horror Westerns?

Thanks for the information, and Don’t Torture a Duckling is a film I need to purchase I think :).

You should’ve said :wink:
The reason it was fresh in my mind is that I’ve just stuck mine on ebay!

There was also a spag being watched in Fulci’s “Contraband”. “the stranger returns” if i remeber correctly [i saw it a long time ago so i’m not sure].

Same here…

Hey - there’s a media/culture studies phd. in spaghetti western movies “quoted” by Fulci, here!

Wasn’t steffen pretty much supposed to be wooden in Django the bastard? I mean, he was playing a dead guy right?.

Its true Steffen can be a bit wooden but I’ve seen him in roles where he wasn’t as such. Its just that he starred in so many westerns essentially playing the same guy that he wasn’ t given the chance to display his range to the masses.

Besides, I always thought John Wayne and Clint Eastwood were wooden too. So in the end, I don’t really view being wooden as necessarily a bad thing. If it fits the role it fits right?

I’ve also read that Eduardo Fajardo thought that Steffen was conceited. But than I also read that Gianni Garko thought of him as a good person and great to work with.

[quote=“Col. Douglas Mortimer, post:26, topic:969”]Wasn’t steffen pretty much supposed to be wooden in Django the bastard? I mean, he was playing a dead guy right?.

Its true Steffen can be a bit wooden but I’ve seen him in roles where he wasn’t as such. Its just that he starred in so many westerns essentially playing the same guy that he wasn’ t given the chance to display his range to the masses.

Besides, I always thought John Wayne and Clint Eastwood were wooden too. So in the end, I don’t really view being wooden as necessarily a bad thing. If it fits the role it fits right?

I’ve also read that Eduardo Fajardo thought that Steffen was conceited. But than I also read that Gianni Garko thought of him as a good person and great to work with.[/quote]

Great points, all around, amigo!

When Steffen passed away in 2004 I contacted Nicoletta Machiavelli to let her know (Nicoletta doesn’t keep in touch with many, if any, people from her movie career past). I had heard from a few others that Steffen was stand-offish and conceited; so, I sort of expected her to say something along those lines.
But, to my surprise she pretty much said the same things Gianni Garko said…that she remembered him as a good person, fine actor, and a great co-worker.

how about the infamous horror western pairing of “billy the kid vs dracula” which is pretty bad but at least has a little charm and the awful “jesse james meets frankenstein’s daughter” which has a short running time of less than an hour but seems much longer and is just plain boring!there is also the rather better “sundown, the vampire in retreat” with bruce campbell and david carradine.

What about Cutthroats Nine?

A nice little horror western.

cutthroats nine

good movie but the ending i didn t like that much was finished to quick

and four of the apocalypse with tomas milian as a killer

I’ve found out about a western horror anthology called ‘Grim Prairie Tales’ from 1990 which might be OK, but have not managed to see it yet.

two horror westerns released this year are “gallow walker” and “the burrowers”

I don’t think anybody has mentioned Left for Dead by Albert Pyun.

Just saw Mario Pinzauti’s The Revenge of Ringo, which definitely qualifies as horrific - actually, it’s as much an unintended comedy as a horror Western, with its voodoo dolls, cackling witches and fatal poisonings. Diverting though.

As far as more recent films…“Ravenous” with Guy Pearce is kind of a horror/western

also Ron Howards “The Missing” tried to sell itself as the same

i think the western playing on the t.v. in “dont torture a duckling” is ''massacre time" if i am wrong please correct me.

The Missing is a good film imo. But certainly not a horror in any way.

Seraphim Falls veers towards the uncanny, not entirely successfully.

I’m afraid you’ve been corrected DL, I’ve mentioned this before on some thread or other - it’s Steffen hunting down PLL in Garringo/Dead are Countless.

(Edit: it was this thread, previous page.)

Horrible film

Horrible