Horror Films

Anybody else like horror movies?

I love them. My favorite Is Slasher horror movies.

[quote=“me, post:1, topic:405”]Anybody else like horror movies?

I love them. My favorite Is Slasher horror movies.[/quote]
i especially like Italian horror, films by the likes of Fulci, Lenzi etc.

Oh yes giallo. I’ve seen suspria by Dario Argento, and later on this month I’ll get to see the horror masterpiece, “Bay Of Blood” by Maria Bava.

Anybody recommend a good Horror Movie?

Oh yes!!!

Schock (Maria Bava). The Anchor Bay version is not easy to find

Drops of blood (Ferroni): a masterpiece of the gothic italian cinema

Profondo Rosso : the other cult movie of Argento…

Do you know a spanish director called Alejandro Amenabar? His movies : “Tesis” and “Open your eyes” are very good, a frithening experience…

[quote=“me, post:3, topic:405”]Oh yes giallo. I’ve seen suspria by Dario Argento, and later on this month I’ll get to see the horror masterpiece, “Bay Of Blood” by Maria Bava.

Anybody recommend a good Horror Movie?[/quote]
Dario Argento’s TENEBRAE is definately worth a watch :slight_smile:

thanks guys.

Also a very good giallo “WHO SAW HER DIE” starring one time James Bond George Lazenby (he’s good in it actually) and a terrific Morricone score.

Anybody seen black christmas? heard It was good.

I didn’t like much of Bay of Blood. It’s a strange movie with black humour. But check out the Black Sunday a.k.a Mask of Satan by Mario Bava. It’s the most important italian horror movie ever. I’m a big fan of Barbara Steele who stars in Black Sunday. She also made other great gothic horror movies, like Caste of Blood, Lo spectro and Long hair of death and she was also in Roger Corman’s brilliant Pit and the Pendulum.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

“The Beyond” (E tu vivrai nel terrore! L’aldilà) by Fulci is one of the most terrific lovecraftian movie i ever saw

Yeah I heard that movie was really good.

If you’re thinking of getting “The Beyond”, buy the Anchor Bay release. Beatifully remastered, surround sound, loads of extra’s. One of the coolest endings of any horror film.

or here in zone 2
http://www.neopublishing.com/dvd.php?pdt_id=29&PHPSESSID=dd1cfe4b811f4f66f77d3fb75c03f389

An amazing edition!!!

Anchor Bay has alot of good movies Deep Red,The Beyond,Nightmare City,Zombie,Sleepaway Camp,Dawn of the dead,torso By The Way I plan on buying all of them!

Im gonna watch Black Sunday tonight, hope Its good :smiley:

hey, fellers i;ve never been a big horror fan ,some movies i heard were good i found dissapointing such as THE HILLS HAVE EYES,THE HOWLING,I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE,and i hate the Jason and Freddy movies, but recently i have become interested in hunting down the following films,so if you horror fans could tell me if they are worth getting i would appreciate it :-*…The last house on the left…Never torture a duckling…The sentinel…Wait until dark…Dont look now…Picnic at hanging rock…Sisters…Shiver of the vampire…Vampyros lesbos…When a stranger calls.

I saw bravo’s top 100 horror movies and they had the wizard of oz and willy wonka on the list ???

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT - The original and often imitated, Excellent movie (make sure you get an uncut version though)

DON’T TORTURE A DUCKLING - Superb Giallo from Lucio Fulci abot child murderers, Tomas Milian gives an excellent performance and Barbara Bouchet looks stunning as usual.

[attachment older than 600 days, deleted by admin]

Most people hate Last house on the left but I like It.I bought the movie for $10 but the disc was double sided :frowning:

Black Christmas comes out December 5th for those who care 2006dvd html - itsmebilly!