Holy Water Joe / Acquasanta Joe (Mario Gariazzo, 1971)

Do Lincoln Tate and Chuck Norris share the same hairdresser ā€¦ and possibly the same drama coach ?
Three ā€˜Bā€™ grade actors making a ā€˜Cā€™ grade movie - Watched it years ago and can remember little about it.

Not too much of it is memorable :wink:

Thatā€™s the good stuff: in the first scene thereā€™s also a bet on Rouge, and number 36 comes up just to make clear that Becker is going to Hell :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes one you easily forget, but the title sticks in my head for some reason !

Yeah ā€¦ definitely a catchy name, but unfortunately a disappointment.

Anyone have the German DVD from White Pearl Classics? It seems to be the only version available in 2.35:1 AR, and also has the longest available runtime at 91min. Iā€™m looking at my Cā€™est La Vie DVD and the picture is decent enough for this film, but it is cropped to 1.85:1 & runtime is 88min, which seems to be the same on all other versions also. I also notice that the title screen in the opening credits is German, so this may be the cut German version.

DB lists a runtime of 95 min, which is even longer.

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Acquasanta_Joe/DVD

(EDIT)
Just noticed the Llamentol DVD release from Spain lists a runtime of 95min

BTW, Iā€™m with @Bill_san_Antonio - this one isnā€™t nearly as bad as its reputation and Iā€™ve always liked it

So, according to SW fan, vankatapd (not sure if youā€™re present here on the SWDB?), a TV recording which appears to have the full 95min runtime doesnā€™t show any cut scenes from this 88min version. Rather, its just a ton of tiny differences in editing with minuscule differences, all adding up to the missing 8 minutes.

The French TV version is 90 minutes, rather than 88 minutes English version :wink:

Ah yes, but both are PAL 25fps which is generally a 4% speedup compared to the original 23.976fps

So 4% of 95min would be 3.8 minutes, resulting in about a 91min 25fps runtimeā€¦ so it still may be missing a bit

I thought it was quite bad and gave it only one star but I have to admit that this film has really grown on me. Itā€™s actually very entertaining. 3/5 this time round.

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been talking about all the time! :smiley:

Excruciating!

Found an HD print of this movie on YouTube by the channel Film&Clips. The audioā€™s in Italian but the video quality is great.

1 Like

Acquasanta Joe has been updated to the new layout (3.0). Let us know if you can add anything: pictures, posters, trivia, facts, figures, links, etcā€¦

1 Like