Holy Water Joe / Acquasanta Joe (Mario Gariazzo, 1971)

Blasphemy! :wink:

Saw this one, searching for some posible redemption after whar Iā€™ve read about it, but couldnā€™t find any, weak film.
The plot idea isnā€™t actually bad, but it seems that thereā€™s so many things going on that you end up getting lost, the humour itā€™s very forced, really low budget in all departments.
Other thing, well be true to history in low budget SW I know itā€™s dificult, but by the end of the North American Civil war there were no Winchester rifles the first model itā€™s from 1866 (I think) it was called the yellow boy and it a few more years to become popular, but in any case there were no such gun during or by the end of the war, so I guess they were using the same guns from film to film.
Technical note 2 Artistic note 2

One of the flicks I didnā€™t manage to finish. Canā€™t actually rememner why.

One to view with a few beers.

I would most probably end up cooking something to go with the beers ;D

The only good thing in this one itā€™s the title very classy stuff

Sounds good to me :wink: .

Everything except dessert goes with beersā€¦

This film is definitely one of the worst SW of all time.
Almost on a par with the Fidanis.

The Fidanis? Man, then I guess Iā€™ll have to finish the flick.

Good luck.
Youā€™ll need it if you want to see this movie. :wink:

donā€™t agree with the criticisms directed at this movie,i totally loved it, would really like to view this movie in its 2:35.1 aspect ratio as it was meanā€™t to be watched,still everyones entitled to their views.

and not only the trailer!!

i canā€™t find words for this crap!!! a trash at his best! :

[quote=ā€œEl Topo, post:25, topic:240ā€]I would most probably end up cooking something to go with the beers ;D

The only good thing in this one itā€™s the title very classy stuff[/quote]
the title itā€™s rip off from navajo joe

[quote=ā€œThe Stranger, post:28, topic:240ā€]This film is definitely one of the worst SW of all time.
Almost on a par with the Fidanis.[/quote]
there also some more crapiest as well

It was merely okay. -A bit hyper. And unevenly directed. I basically watched it for Ty Hardinā€™s performance, which was pretty-good. The film definitely needs to be re-made. Or not. The bankrobbing-by-cannon idea is a great concept. But Iā€™ll give this film just 2 stars.

I donā€™t know why this film has such a bad reputation. Ok, itā€™s not that good film, average at best but itā€™s definitely not one of the worst swā€™s. I found it really entertaining with good cast and some great scenes and original ideas like the duel at the roulette table and bow vs cannon fight. One little detail I especially liked was Hardin eating berries during gunfight. Most of the comedic elements were awkward though.

My rating: 5/10

1 Like

I gave it one star for now. Iā€™ve watched it twice and itā€™s never really blown me away. Thereā€™s quite a few good scenes though. Maybe I should have given it another star.

A review has finally hit the database
What can I say, other than that the characters are off-kilter, the comedy silly and surreal? Well for instance that thereā€™s some good spaghetti western violence as well ā€¦

aquanero1

https://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Acquasanta_Joe_Review

3 Likes

I like a lot this spaghie, but truth is it feels a bit disoriented and showdown Joe and Colonel vs. his henchmen could be better, but there are still some good things in the combat, for example use of tomahawk or when Joe suddenly takes down mounted guy.

1 Like