Hello I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone is a fan of the Trinity film's

Hello I am new to this site ( computers in general) and was wondering if anyone else is a fan on the Trinity films

4 Likes

Most folks hold Barboni’s original two films in high regard I supposed, great childhood memories on my end at least, watching these on TV afternoon programming :slight_smile: Welcome to the site, amigo

2 Likes

Yes, I still enjoy them and consider them the best of the comedy westerns. Faint praise I know.
I also found them excellent entry fodder for my kids when introducing them to spaghettis.

2 Likes

Welcome to the ‘SWDB’, Stephen.

Yeah, I love ‘They Call Me Trinity’, and ‘Trinity is Still My Name’
excellent fun featuring Hill and Spencer at their comedic best
 :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to the site. Absolutely! The Trinity movies, along with My Name is Nobody are the best of the humorous SWs.

6 Likes

Yes welcome Stephen. @LankyGringo summed up my sediments exactly!!! Three fantastic films right there. I think you would be hard pressed to actually find someone on this site who doesn’t enjoy the first two Trinity films.

3 Likes

Ahem 
 I can’t watch them anymore, though I liked them when I was a young teenager.

Tried recently with the first movie for nostalgia, but gave up after about 30 minutes - Sorry!

Well than I stand corrected :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry to be a party pooper !!! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome to the site! I have only seen the first Trinity and I really like it.

2 Likes

Amigo, on this site, we respect other peoples opinions
the ‘SWDB’ would be as boring as hell if we all thought the same. :wink:

7 Likes

I saw the German version of the first TrinitĂ  movie, Die rechte und die linke Hand des Teufels (“the right hand and the left hand of the devil”), in the cinema around 1980, when I had just crossed the threshold of being a teenager. Even then, I didn’t find this kind of (brutish) humor appealing, I was simply bored. Some decades later I watched the Italian and English versions of the TrinitĂ  films, and although I found the absence of the German dubbing’s corny jokes very beneficial, my original assessment didn’t change. Not my cup of tea, but, as the French say: « À chacun son goĂ»t. »

1 Like

it would be about time though for restored versions of these films to hit international markets. Might be an opportunity to re-assess the films and their impact
 but for the most part not in the best hands, in terms of license-holders the world over

2 Likes

I’ve actually always avoided these films as I couldn’t stand Terrence Hill in My Name is Nobody. Probably the unfunniest ‘comedy’ I’ve seen. I don’t mind him in his serious roles but I have absolutely no desire to check out any more of his comedies :joy:

3 Likes

Amen!

:wink:

2 Likes