Hello, & I'd like some suggestions

(greenhamrick) #1

Hello friends! I’m new here. I love Spaghetti Westerns and Westerns that have a similar feel. My favorites are El Topo and Keoma.

Any suggestions for me film wise? As you can see, I like them arty.

(Silence) #2

Django Kill

(Stanton) #3

And some Fidanis

(sartana1968) #4

moment to kill
grand duel

(sartana1968) #5

lol :smiley:

(ENNIOO) #6

Any you can buy on the cheap and in good quality prints :slight_smile: .

(Yodlaf Peterson) #7

Johnny Hamlet and Yankee might be a couple you’ll like.

(Bill san Antonio) #8

and Matalo!

(tomas) #9

i thought it was a spam :-X, those green letters, ts, ts, ts, very suspicious
nevertheless, if wasn´t, you can try El Puro and those Fidanis are great recommendation, Stanton knows what´s good

(Jimbo (The Lizard King)) #10

Artsy fartsy SW suggestions?

Here’s a couple not mentioned yet

The Great Silence
Cemetery Without Crosses a.k.a. The Rope and the Colt

(El Topo) #11

Hey I liked the green touch

Quien Sabe ? aka A bullet for the general, artsy enought and pure spaghetti, but then again Once upon a time in the west more art than that

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #12

The top 20 on the database page should have what you are looking for.

(TetsuPhoenix) #13

“Django Kill” is the one you want.

(greenhamrick) #14

Thanks so much for all the recommendations thus far. I bought Johnny Hamlet the other day. It is coming in the mail (very excited about it). Also, a good chap mentioned Once Upon A Time In The West, I’ve seen it & I have nothing but love for it. Looking for something new though. Oh & I own Django Kill already.

Anyway, I have lots of homework now with all these recommendations.

PS: Green is my favorite color & what I use on all forums that allow it.

(Col. Douglas Mortimer) #15

Glad we can help, although I question if Django Kill is should really be considered “arty”.

(tomas) #16

[quote=“greenhamrick, post:14, topic:2837”]Anyway, I have lots of homework now with all these recommendations.

PS: Green is my favorite color & what I use on all forums that allow it.[/quote]

“Nooo, greenhamrick. The game’s not over. To the last I will grapple with thee!
From hell’s heart, I stab at thee. For hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.”
;D ;D ;D

(greenhamrick) #17

[quote=“tomas, post:16, topic:2837”]“Nooo, greenhamrick. The game’s not over. To the last I will grapple with thee!
From hell’s heart, I stab at thee. For hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.”
;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Moby Dick is one of my favorite books!

(greenhamrick) #18

I agree. I bought it several months ago due to how surreal and artful a lot of blogs claimed it was. I didn’t feel that was the case when I finally watched it.

(tomas) #19

[color=teal]that´s good. Now go and watch Star Trek 2 : The Wrath of Khan[/color] :stuck_out_tongue:

(Stanton) #20

Django Kill surely has some surreal touches. But it is more an anti-western than an art western. Let’s say it is arty in it’s “anti-artness” attitude.

But whatever it is or wanted to be, it is one of the most unusual SWs. Much closer to El Topo than to Keoma or the Leone westerns.