Hello, & I'd like some suggestions

Hello friends! I’m new here. I love Spaghetti Westerns and Westerns that have a similar feel. My favorites are El Topo and Keoma.

Any suggestions for me film wise? As you can see, I like them arty.

Django Kill

And some Fidanis

moment to kill
grand duel

lol :smiley:

Any you can buy on the cheap and in good quality prints :slight_smile: .

Johnny Hamlet and Yankee might be a couple you’ll like.

and Matalo!

i thought it was a spam :-X, those green letters, ts, ts, ts, very suspicious
nevertheless, if wasn´t, you can try El Puro and those Fidanis are great recommendation, Stanton knows what´s good

Artsy fartsy SW suggestions?

Here’s a couple not mentioned yet

The Great Silence
Cemetery Without Crosses a.k.a. The Rope and the Colt

Hey I liked the green touch

Quien Sabe ? aka A bullet for the general, artsy enought and pure spaghetti, but then again Once upon a time in the west more art than that

The top 20 on the database page should have what you are looking for.

“Django Kill” is the one you want.

Thanks so much for all the recommendations thus far. I bought Johnny Hamlet the other day. It is coming in the mail (very excited about it). Also, a good chap mentioned Once Upon A Time In The West, I’ve seen it & I have nothing but love for it. Looking for something new though. Oh & I own Django Kill already.

Anyway, I have lots of homework now with all these recommendations.

PS: Green is my favorite color & what I use on all forums that allow it.

Glad we can help, although I question if Django Kill is should really be considered “arty”.

[quote=“greenhamrick, post:14, topic:2837”]Anyway, I have lots of homework now with all these recommendations.

PS: Green is my favorite color & what I use on all forums that allow it.[/quote]

“Nooo, greenhamrick. The game’s not over. To the last I will grapple with thee!
From hell’s heart, I stab at thee. For hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.”
;D ;D ;D

[quote=“tomas, post:16, topic:2837”]“Nooo, greenhamrick. The game’s not over. To the last I will grapple with thee!
From hell’s heart, I stab at thee. For hate’s sake I spit my last breath at thee.”
;D ;D ;D[/quote]

Moby Dick is one of my favorite books!

I agree. I bought it several months ago due to how surreal and artful a lot of blogs claimed it was. I didn’t feel that was the case when I finally watched it.

[color=teal]that´s good. Now go and watch Star Trek 2 : The Wrath of Khan[/color] :stuck_out_tongue:

Django Kill surely has some surreal touches. But it is more an anti-western than an art western. Let’s say it is arty in it’s “anti-artness” attitude.

But whatever it is or wanted to be, it is one of the most unusual SWs. Much closer to El Topo than to Keoma or the Leone westerns.