Hello, & I'd like some suggestions

I have The Great Silence coming to me from Netflix this weekend. I hope it blows my mind. I saw it has Kinski in it. I like that guy. I’m a huge Werner Herzog fan so I’ve seen what he can do.

The trailers to The Grand Duel & A Bullet For the General on Youtube got me excited. I don’t care if they’re arty or not, they look way awesome.

Will a kind soul tell me what in the hell Fidanis is? I googled it but didn’t get anywhere. It is a film right?

Category:Demofilo Fidani - The Spaghetti Western Database :wink:

I get a terrible headache from these red & green letters

[quote=“greenhamrick, post:21, topic:2837”][color=green]
The trailers to The Grand Duel & A Bullet For the General on Youtube got me excited. I don’t care if they’re arty or not, they look way awesome.[/quote]
that´s the right attitude, you remind me of myself, when i first saw some trailers on Django, Keoma, Day of Anger - and i had absolutely no way how/where to watch spaghettis - fortunately, now it´s the very opposite

don´t worry, if you will dig deep in the genre, you will finally encounter this great director ;D

oh, common, scherp, colours are healthy

Fidani was only a joke. He was a very incompetent director, but some like his films for their shortcomings. But you probably need to become a die hard fan to enjoy them.

But seriously, you should really try at first the best Corbuccis (Great Silence, The Mercenary, Django) and Cemetery without Crosses and also the 3 SWs directed by Sergio Sollima.
And A Bullet for the General.

And of course all Leone westerns including My Name Is Nobody, if you don’t know them already (most people do who become interested in the genre)

Not to me, I suffer from migraines ever since childhood, and the headaches are often caused by bright lights or flashy colors.

It would be very interesting to see a movie of Fidani made with the budget and the locations of, to give an example, the disastrous Un genio, due compari, un pollo/Nobody’s the Greatest:wink:

Genius and two companions? still last in my SW chart

Sounds like something I would have liked to have seen :wink: .

Think of it like speaking to someone with a thick accent lol.

It would still be shit…but maybe an improvement!

Theres nothing wrong with it, imo

Not much right with it in mine. Opinions always differ of course. Which is as it should be.

Lol yeah… I just thought it needed a bit of defending.

I didn’t like it the first time I saw it, took me a while to view it again… its just grown on me ever since.

maybe some Fidanis could grow on us, if we´ll treat them with all due respect ;D

So The Great Silence wasn’t meant to be this time around. I borrowed it from Netflix, & for the 1st time ever after years of membership -I received a broken DVD.

So to mourn my loss, I drank a buch of craft beer and watched One Upon A Time In The West & Keoma from my own collection.

[quote=“greenhamrick, post:36, topic:2837”]So The Great Silence wasn’t meant to be this time around. I borrowed it from Netflix, & for the 1st time ever after years of membership -I received a broken DVD.

So to mourn my loss, I drank a buch of craft beer and watched One Upon A Time In The West & Keoma from my own collection.[/quote]

broken? oh, shit. This is nightmare of everyone, i suppose
next time better luck, man
sorry for the colours, if someone doesn´t like it, but i must counterbalance green power

That sucks! Hopefully they give you an unbroken disc next time. Watching once upon a time in the west and Keoma is a pretty good consolation prize:)

And don’t forget Crea!