Hell On Wheels--New AMC TV Series

loving the show so far. i think the pacing has been great and things are being set up perfectly. i love that they are using some real people like Durant. maybe we’ll see some other historical figures. the stuff with the Cheyenne is interesting, especially with the guy from the survey team being related to the Cheyenne hunting party. im looking forward to the rest of the season.

The costumes are excellent and very Spaghetti western. The Swede’s outfit is unique.

Yep. I agree with Tom about the costumes. The show is rolling along nicely, in my opinion. I am enjoying it a great deal!

Well three episodes in and I’m still interested. Was a little disappointed last night though. Hated how they reduced the main characters path of murderous revenge into a quick montage. It had some really cool death scences in that montage that deserved to be fleshed out more. Hell, they could have made the whole episode just about him taking his revenge on his way to the camp. Or they could have incorporated a series of flashbacks that could have been popping up through out the episode as our main dude remembers what brought him to where he is now. With that said it still was a really good episode and we got to meet a new character, not sure what her name was so I’ll just call her “hot whore with the face tatoo”.

We have to remember that this is an ongoing story and not a 30 or 60 minute episode as in the old days.

Bohannan did have a 3 on 1 shootout with the three bounty hunters in episode 3.

I just thought it was a bit of a cop out to compress his revenge down to a three scene montage.

Well…I see your point…but, who is to say we won’t see more of these flashback scenes in future episodes?

I’m still loving this show, too!
Can’t wait for Sunday!

haven´t seen a single episode yet, but my friend is recording it for me,
and we are going to meet up next week, and then - it´s going to be one big western marathon ;D

It’s getting interesting, still loving the show! Like Chris said, can’t wait for sunday! ;D

Great episode last night. Storylines developing nicely and apparently the “Swede” enjoys doing his cleaning in the buff. Nothing like feeling the cool air on your nutsack while your scrubbin’ away. ;D

Yep. The show is developing quite well, I think!
Good stuff all around!

Oh Yeah, it’s getting good boys and girls. I’m loving it.

Last nights episode was great. Fist fights, new characters developing, and we learned that glaring endlessly into the sun will cause you to trip out and see shit! Who needs LSD, just pin me to a pole and point my eyes to the sky. ;D

Nice to see Wes Studi show up last night. The Swede is a very interesting character and his presence is always a welcome sight.

Yup. The show continues to be downright entertaining and interesting!

The fistfight went on for too long! imo. But, entertaining.

I agree, the fight should have lasted only one act. no need to devote half the episode to it. Still it was a good bit.

HELL ON WHEELS

Second season starts this coming Sunday, can’t wait. :slight_smile:

Watched the first three episodes so far. I must say the first two were way better than the third, which was a disappointment to me. Hope the show picks up again.
Great villains, The Swede is a likable brute (as long as you don’t have to face him in the flesh). I like his accent.

Colm Meaney is excellent, as always

cant wait, just hope it will pack more punch and have more pace