Has a spaghetti western made you cry?

No movie has ever made me cry but I think the SW with the most emotional content for me was California.

interesting. But reasonable

No can’t say a Spaghetti western has ever made me cry.

I can’t say any Spaghetti Western ever made me actually cry, but many have very moving scenes.

When Juan finds his massacred family in the caves in Duck You Sucker I find very sad indeed.

Some SWs are so bad that I should had cried …

Well until the moment no, but some made me laugh a lot

No, a spahetti western has not made me cry. I’m a cold-hearted sonuvabitch.

I also have watched dead men ride three times and i have cried in all three of them. I also cried in four of the apocalypse. A minute to pray a second to die and adios california were also very sad movies, although they didn’t make me cry. In, fact i don’t easily cry when watching movies, so it calls for something really touching.

OUATITW came close, with the exact reason TC mentioned! :stuck_out_tongue:

could you specifie why ouatitw has made you cry? it seems incomprehensible to me!!!

For me, its not because of any sad scenes or anything like that. Its the overwhelming beauty of the film

I was holding back tears while watching the ending of Texas, Adiós. “Texas goodbye, you made me cry” was definitely true, at least for me.

I accidentally got spoiled the ending of The Great Silence so I knew what to expect. Felt really empty for a week afterwards and if I hadn’t got spoiled, I have a feeling I would have cried.

Some tears also formed in my eyes while watching The Forgotten Pistolero, because I just simply was so mind blown by the film. I had heard it was good but I was really impressed. Another western that made me feel the same way is Keoma.

There, of course, have been other sad and emotional scenes that have got me in the feels too, but they haven’t made me cry.

3 Likes

Never cried over any scene in a Spaghetti Western … but there are some great emotional moments in the best ones.

The look of disappointment/shock on Rod Steiger’s face at the end of ‘Fistful of Dynamite’

The finale scenes of ‘For a Few Dollars More’ are emotionally charged, especially if you were routing for El Indio :wink: … just kidding, he had to go. The relationship between Manco and the Colonel is quite touching without any direct sentimentality.

5 Likes

I think the entire ending of The Forgotten Pistolero is pretty emotional. Death Knows No Time is pretty sad as well.

3 Likes

The ending in Cemetery Without Crosses is an emotional one, you kinda feel sad for Manuel.

4 Likes

I cry whenever Shoot the Living, Pray for the Dead ends. But then I remember I have it on a loop, so I get happy again. It’s an endless cycle.

4 Likes

Still beating that long dead horse, Dean?? :wink:

It’s not quite dead, it’s only been tripped by piano wire. Luckily I didn’t film it, otherwise UK censors would send Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan to melt my brains.

5 Likes

Ive never cried at one of the films but a few scenes have hit me a bit. The final scenes of FAFDM, Vengeance is Mine and TGS. One of the scenes in California as well, you probably all know the one. I think the most emotional I’ve ever been was in The Price of Power

When Saunders pleads his innocence but nobody listens to him. Then a few scenes later the scene begins with a shot of his dead body

Not going to lie, despite the fact I was twenty six at the time, I did cry during the mission Red Dead Redemption in Red Dead Redemption II not on my first play through but my second.

It wasn’t so much the fact that Arthur was dying but more if you go with the ‘Go with John’ ending, he dies a lot happier because he thinks he saves John. If you played the first game though you know he didn’t and it was just devastating even though it was only a game. His happiness on his deathbed was all in vain and it hit me the first time, but the second time I lost it.

So I suppose something spaghetti western has made me cry, just not one of the films.

4 Likes

‘White Comanche’. (1968)

Don’t know if this one counts.
I very nearly cried with despair at watching William Shatner and Joseph Cotton appearing in such a crock of buffalo poo… :grimacing:

One of those Westerns where teepees and toupees appear in the same scene…and have equal billing. :wink:

2 Likes