Happy holidays

Since there are many countries represented here & like a typical American, if it ain’t here, it doesn’t exist, I feel a common thread to Holidays would be interesting. Since today is the 4th Of July, US’s celebration of kicking those oppressive Limey’s to the curb :wink: I’ll start.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

We celebrate it too. But here it’s called “Getting Rid of Uppity Colonials Day”. :wink:

[quote=“Phil H, post:2, topic:1837”]We celebrate it too. But here it’s called “Getting Rid of Uppity Colonials Day”. ;)[/quote]he he!

Well played Phil! :slight_smile:

[quote=“I…I…Idiot, post:1, topic:1837”]Since there are many countries represented here & like a typical American, if it ain’t here, it doesn’t exist, I feel a common thread to Holidays would be interesting. Since today is the 4th Of July, US’s celebration of kicking those oppressive Limey’s to the curb :wink: I’ll start.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

[/quote]
Is that you? I have to ask.

That it is. I’m an Adonis :stuck_out_tongue: Got me thinking how none of us know WTF others look like, I was thinking of ending the mystery & opening a post a pic of yourself thread. But alas, I feel others don’t have the stones to participate so…

I know what you mean. I only asked cause it’s sometimes strange knowing someone so well and not knowing their face.

Aw, that’s kinda touching! :’( :slight_smile: The mug has been revealed. You, on the other hand, are part of the staff & I feel it’s your civil, forum duty to let the masses see what 'ol Get- Mean-orano looks like. It’s like being employee of the month & not having your picture up on the wall of fame (BTW, a summer job, like a paper route can build character as well as put some extra cash in your pocket :wink: ). I know Silence would be proud to post his pic on the staff page if he were hired. It would be funny too see Ennioo & he actually was 80 with missing teeth.

It’s Columbus Day here in the US. Which means most jobs are closed, the bus runs slow, I don’t get any mail & I make time & 1/2 at work. What a bullshit excuse for a Historically inaccurate ‘Holiday’. I can’t believe how stupid my Country an be some times.

You mean the buses run slower. :wink:

I agree about the idea for the holiday. But then again most of our holidays have become distorted and twisted ie St. Patrick’s Day - most people 150 years ago wouldn’t be caught dead associating with the Irish in this country now look at those jerks - Oh Look I’m Irish today cuz I drink like an ass… piss off. Yea I take offense to people like that.

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:10, topic:1837”]You mean the buses run slower. :wink:

I agree about the idea for the holiday. But then again most of our holidays have become distorted and twisted ie St. Patrick’s Day - most people 150 years ago wouldn’t be caught dead associating with the Irish in this country now look at those jerks - Oh Look I’m Irish today cuz I drink like an ass… piss off. Yea I take offense to people like that.[/quote]

“Top 'o the morning to ye on this gray, drizzly afternoon. Kent 'O Brockman live on Main Street, where today, everyone is a little bit Irish! Eh-heh, except, of course, for the gays and Italians.”

Agreed though, nothing like losing touch with reality during a “holiday”.

As for me, had to work today but it is also a holiday in Canada. Time and a half baby! :smiley:

[quote=“Frank Talby, post:10, topic:1837”]You mean the buses run slower. :wink:

I agree about the idea for the holiday. But then again most of our holidays have become distorted and twisted ie St. Patrick’s Day - most people 150 years ago wouldn’t be caught dead associating with the Irish in this country now look at those jerks - Oh Look I’m Irish today cuz I drink like an ass… piss off. Yea I take offense to people like that.[/quote]

Agreed, I’m part Irish but don’t celebrate it. I get drunk enough on other nights
without an excuse :). As you can imagine, it’s kind of a big deal here in Boston. :wink:

[quote=“Pacificador, post:11, topic:1837”]“Top 'o the morning to ye on this gray, drizzly afternoon. Kent 'O Brockman live on Main Street, where today, everyone is a little bit Irish! Eh-heh, except, of course, for the gays and Italians.”
but it is also a holiday in Canada. Time and a half baby! :D[/quote]

Really! Why? I think America should celebrate Erik The Red day instead. America loves to celebrate failure. Hey, let’s celebrate a day for a guy who got lost, massacred some natives & wasn’t even the SECOND person to ‘DISCOVER’ this country.

Eddie Izzard said it best Eddie Izzard - Do you have a flag? - YouTube

I take offense to St. Patrick’s Day morons cuz my ancestors did come from Ireland (by way of Norway).

It’s our Thanksgiving Day.

Yes I remember that Canada’s Thanksgiving holiday is a good month before the American one.

Do you like Thanksgiving Pacificador? I really don’t care for the holiday here except for having the day off and seeing my immediate family.

Is it related in any way to Columbus? That would be ironic.

I do like it, basically just a day where you see family, eat too much and sprawl out on the couch and watch football. :slight_smile:

Perhaps we have lost touch with the supposed reason for the holiday but for me it’s a good family day.

It’s turned into Gorge yourself until you drop holiday here (the 4th Thursday of November).

[left][size=4]HAPPY HALLOWEEN[/size][/left]

I know I’m in the minority here (again) but this is my favorite ‘Holiday’. Costumes & Horror movies. A fun time for me (OK & maybe the kids too)

Though I won’t be out tonight, I’ll be indoors watching a Giallo as my celebration. Short Night of Glass Dolls.