Gunman of 100 Crosses / Una pistola per 100 croci (Carlo Croccolo, 1971)

Does anyone know the source of this French-language version on YouTube? Does it come from a DVD that somehow none of us know about? I mean, if not, how is it widescreen? Television broadcast?
Oh, by the way, havenā€™t posted here in ages. Hello again, everyone.

I have a widescreen version from an unknown source and dubbed into English. Looks better than my Greek and Finnish tapes but still just VHS quality. Looks like itā€™s been recorded from a TV onto VHS.

Do you happen to know the aspect ratio? The old rips were cropped to 1.33:1, while the German DVD was stilled cropped, though wider at 1.85:1, while the French YouTube version is the full width 2.35:1.
Just interested in identifying all the various versions of this movie that exist out there. Maybe one of the wizards on CG can make a more definitive version one dayā€¦

This Italian TV print was dubbed in English and posted at CG a few years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

That surprises me, I was convinced that Gunman of 100 Crosses was aired on IRIS for the first time 8-9 months ago!

Youā€™re right, JC ā€¦ the fandub was posted last Christmas 2018 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome. Wish I was still a member of the site. No big. Iā€™m sure I can get a friend to download it.

This one paired with Black Killer would make a killer Wild East double feature.

It would make a nice double feature. Thereā€™s a cheap South African DVD of Black Killer by the way, which is pretty good quality.

A double dose of Marina Mulligan! :grinning:

1 Like

hereā€™s a remastered version for free on YouTube

1 Like

There is approximately 10 seconds difference between what was uploaded on CG and this YouTube version. Does anyone know what was cut?

Wow! Looks great. Would love to see a DVD release of this one. One of them guilty pleasure spags.

In Italy all these remastered videos are blocked and consequently I canā€™t check, but it could be a difference in the scene in which Monica Miguel is in bed with one of the henchmen, subject to censorship in the T-rated (all ages admitted) version originally released in Italian movie theaters.

Maybe just a logo at the beginning?

you donā€™t have to wait for some company to release it on dvdā€¦ just download the YouTube Stream and put in on some usb drive and plug it in your tv.

or if you really want a dvd, use a program like convertxtodvd and you can make your own,

Gunman of 100 crosses looks nice in fine image quality with good directing, acting, OK story and characters.
But no charismatic antihero, rather lame lady in distress, nearly no good music, silly comedy ingridient with the guy who cannot speak well and too many too long shootouts and some boring fist fights, together are too much for a rating over 5/10 IMO.

Just revisited this one again (for the first time in the proper ratio and in English at the same time!) Still love this odd, low, low budget affair. What a weird movie. I kinda want to start my own blu-ray label and get the rights to this one and put it out as my first release. Wouldnā€™t that be a dumb move?

1 Like

Also loved the movie and would buy it.

1 Like

Copied from the Spagvemberfest 2023 thread:

1 Like