God's Gun - MGM Region 2 DVD Release

Well, let’s face it, this genre does lend itself to some pretty weird hairstyles… ;D

Oh yes!!.. wise words.

I have to admit I do laugh at some!

[quote=“ENNIOO, post:22, topic:658”]Oh yes!!.. wise words.

I have to admit I do laugh at some![/quote]

Probably said it before, but what the hell is going on with Aldo Sanbrell’s hair in “Requiem Per Un Gringo”!!! :o

I have not seen this film…is it really bad (the hairstyle?).

[quote=“AvatarDK, post:17, topic:658”]There’s alway VHS-versions. Check this thread on the other board:

http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=160642;article=153524;title=Spaghetti%20Western%20Web%20Board

Apparently some nudity has been cut. Bloody hell.[/quote]

apparently all the nudity. which makes it a boycott for me. what the fuck are these people thinking…

Yeah it a;ways pisses me off when anything is cut in official releases. It makes me boycott some of them (some wildeast releases for example) and makes me buy dvdr instead of them. I will probably hunt for some fully uncut version of “god’s gun” too.

I haven’t seen this film, but according to some people on the SWWB, the scene with the nudity is crucial to the storyline.

I’ve got only some cheap public domain cut and fullscreen dvd of it. I was hoping the new widescreen dvd will be uncut :frowning:

Judge for yourself…http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/Hellbender/SW/Aldo.jpg

I wouldn’t be grinning with a hairstyle like that!

[quote=“Silver, post:29, topic:658”]Judge for yourself…[url]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/Hellbender/SW/Aldo.jpg[/url]

I wouldn’t be grinning with a hairstyle like that![/quote]

Yes, I see what you mean!.. looks like a gorilla!

The film is very good, nevermind the Sambrell’s hairstyle, it’s still recommended :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course! That pic wasn’t meant to reflect badly on the film itself. It’s a great film, with a fantastic soundtrack :slight_smile:

I’d imagine that the print itself was cut, rather than MGM cutting it for this release.
Still a shame, but might suggest a simple lack of good elements.

I like this film. The only version I’ve seen is the one available at publicomaintorrents.org, which has all the nudity and violence towards women. Suevia apparently also released it:
Director: Frank Kramer.
Actores: Lee Van Cleef, Jack Palance, Richard Boone.
Música:
Género: Western.
Año: 1977.
Nacionalidad: USA.
Duración: 90 min.
Calificación: Autorizada para todos los públicos
Imagen: Color - PAL - Fullscreen.
Región: 0.
Idiomas-Audio: Español - Dolby Digital 2.0, Inglés - Dolby Digital 2.0.
Subtítulos: Español.
Discos: 1
Edición: Normal
Distribuidora: Suevia Films
Lanzamiento: 15/12/2004
www.moviesdistribucion.com

I’m wondering if anyone is familiar with this release, because I do want to havve it. But of course not cut.

I have the Suevia release but haven’t even checked the quality yet (have had it for over a year I think… ;D ). I will try checking soon and can post screenshots. It might take a week or two though so if someone can do it faster you’re welcome to it.

That would be great, thanks.

Doesn’t sound too great. Or is this an Open Matte version? Like Red Sun.

Does anyone have an update on whether the Spanish Suevia release is uncut ?

Oh, I forgot to check… hehe, sorry about that. :wink: I’ll look for it today or tomorrow. I haven’t actually seen the film at all yet, but it shouldn’t be too hard to see if there’s a difference between the Suevia and UK discs (just search for nudity… :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thanks for that.