Global DVD (Naushad - South Africa)

I believe Sinister Cinema dvd’s are not factory pressed, while the dvd’s from Global. God Forgives, His Life Is Mine as an alright dvd. Sleeve design by Global is amateurish though. Anyone could make better looking sleeves, even in paint. The dvd is also available on ebay, not too expensive, from tsimonelli.

Night of the Serpent is quite good despite being non-anamorphic. Definitely best of the releases. French disc is somewhat better but no English.

Man Called Invincible looks ok (Italian disc is probably slightly better, with no English options, but clearly from the same master). God Forgives, His Life Is Mine is somewhat worse but still alright as Bad Lieutenant says. But I guess it depends on what you expect. :wink:

Fedra West’s transfer has all kinds of problems but I wonder if we are ever going to see a better version even if not in English.

From the four discs that were released at the same time, Arizona Colt Returns, Unholy Four, Dead Men Don’t Make Shadows and Bastards Go and Kill Chaco, at least the first two look quite good otherwise but there is something wrong with the transfers (probably messed up something when doing the PAL → NTSC conversion) which on some setups make them unwatchable. On some setups they are apparently just fine. I couldn’t watch them neither on my standalone player or software player on computer. Theres this weird flickering and/or ghosting whatever that is unbearable.
The first three should look at least as good on the Wild East discs (and without the problems) so no need for the Global discs on those.

Moment to Kill looks quite bad (and is cropped) as far as I’m concerned and Wild East apparently copied the transfer for their disc. One for Hell transfer was also copied for the Wild East double feature?

Haven’t viewed Finders Killers or Make Peace With God but they are cropped fullscreen transfers?

If you want to see some screenshots, there are some from five of the discs here:

http://www.spaghettiwesterndvds.com/movies/fedra-west/screenshots/
http://www.spaghettiwesterndvds.com/movies/the-moment-to-kill-il-momento-di-uccidere/screenshots/

Btw, while Xploited Cinema was supposed to have their final sale end in August 15th (the store has been closing for a couple of years now) they still have discs listed there and some Global discs might be had cheaper than from whoever you are considering buying them from. That is if Xploited still accepts orders (you could always ask them :wink: ). Ebay member Tsimonelli is the owner of Xploited Cinema.

http://xploitedcinema.com/catalog/spaghetti-western-c-25_18.html

I have the same transfer problem with Revenge of Sartana as the other four, every few frames a delay, very frustrating. As I said earlier in this thread some interesting movies though (Fedra West probably my favourite). Some of the early Southern discs (same as Global?) are on DVDr but still have printed covers (Brother Outlaw & Kid Terror of the West) or at least mine are.

The Wild East one is around 2.35 the Global one is not.

Finders Killers or Make Peace With God are fullscreen from Global.

Like the fellow above, I’ve been looking into getting some of Global’s releases. Does the guy still sell them himself, from the email on the front page? From all the titles listed in the database, Fedra West and Finder’s Killers are the only ones I don’t have in some form or another (excepting the preview collection). I also noted that the database page for him is still under construction, are there any titles that he’s released that can’t be had elsewhere in better quality?

hi guys
to be honest,there is no money in releasing westerns
i stopped releasing them .it just not interest me any longer.i have lots of masters but the cost to release them does kt make it worth my while
i am having a better run with italian vietnam movies over here in south africa.
i sold 10 times the amount of a movie called “cobra mission” than any spaghetti western.
i do still buy the rights as it sold in a package of 3 or 4 movies.
i leave it to wild east to release westerns.they are doing a good enough job.

my final 2 releases will be vamos amatar sartana and 3 gun showdown.that will be in the future.

you guys enjoy your westerns.i will check back every now and then .

Nashad, you have been saying this for years now. I believe you’ll never come thru with it, right?

i am in no hurry to release them.none of them are important movies to me.
i will however post a few minutes of each on you tube next year.like you said i might not even release them at all.

will post the link here next year

Vamos a matar Sartana! I’d really like to see that one but I can understand that there’s probably not much market for such a obscure title outside spaghetti western fanatics.

Vamos a matar Sartana should be interesting enough for the serious collectors. It’s one of only 2 or 3 titles still not available in any shape or form.

Real shame Naushad won’t put out a release of this or at least send it off to someone who will. Heck, I’d fund a release of some of these rarities :-\

1 Like

Maybe a kickstarter funding might be a good idea for such releases.

why isnt wild east or someone else jumping in and releasing those titles instead?

Exactly what I was thinking!

It’s odd they haven’t picked it up. Haven’t they worked with Naushad in the past to get prints?

What happened to that guy said he was going to try and buy rights to some westerns that Included The Executioner of God? Maybe he could get involved?

That was the guy from Intervision, the one doing the Django the Bastard release, right? High school kid, tried to put out Castellari’s The Last Shark. If he manages to get DtB out (now a double bill with Boot Hill), well, I might have some hope.

There’s copies of the DTB and Boot Hill double bill on Ebay.

Well I’ll be damned :o Preorder set for release on the 29th, last news I heard it was slated for an undetermined September release (See OP in this thread: http://forum.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/topic,4177.0.html ) but the website still lists it for October ( Your domain is expired ). Fingers crossed for next week, but if it gets delayed I won’t be surprised.

Vamos a Matar Sartana-There is a clip of it on youtube, just type in the words. To me, it looks really cheap made.

And how is that relevant? All spaghetti westerns were made on a budget, some obviously cheaper than others. What’s important to me and many other genre fans is that it’s rare and unavailable, not that it looks cheap :slight_smile: Once a copy is out, we can all gather around and complain about any shortcomings of the movie, but right now there’s no way to enjoy or judge this undoubtedly cheap work of art.