Get Mean (Ferdinando Baldi, 1975)

For the cashā€¦

I have a DVD-R of this film and the runtime is 84 (?) mins. Can someone tell me if my version is cut. Does this new version have a longer runtime?

ENNIO is right.

Tony has gotten screwed over time and time again by piraters and people who have claimed to have the rights to his films for years.
All that money is rightfully his.
Itā€™s only fair that he has them officially released.

Forgive me my ignorance but are we talking a box set of the Stranger movies. I will buy them.

That is one of the plans as well but we donā€™t know if itā€™s in the cards yet.

What is for sure is that ā€œCominā€™ At Ya!ā€ will be getting a theatrical re-release.

Well, if it ever comes around to needing a petition, figuratively speaking, put me down for a yes. 100%!

I noticed you said theatrical. Does this mean we will get the chance to watch it big screen at our local cinema?..PLEASE!!! :wink: :wink:

I donā€™t knw but I would think it would be a limited release. Congrats on post 400. About time! :wink:

Do you [quote=ā€œYourPallbearerā€]If I remember serves me Tony said it will hit 20,000 theatres.
Although, that canā€™t be correct.[/quote]

200 worldwide is more realistic. Frankly speaking I doubt that there will be any theatrical release.

All the reconstructions are only done for the DVD market.

I am confused. Is this coming out as a dvd-r or a genuine authenticated factory pressed dvd-release ?

Is this the idea I wonder ?..to get people to part with their cashā€¦

Sebastian would be the guy for this.

Maybe so. But 3D is the latest craze again so maybe the timing is right for a re release.

Never knewā€¦

Get mean did pretty good box office wide in North america during its initial theatrical run. Still, wide release does not sound realistic.

I love the first two stranger films though. And Iā€™m a fan of Tony Anthony. Havenā€™t seen the third one yet, even though I have it. The idea of an SW taking place entirely in japan is not really appealing to me. WHat do you think guys? Should I take the plunge and finally see it?

[quote=ā€œCol. Douglas Mortimer, post:32, topic:1356ā€]Get mean did pretty good box office wide in North america during its initial theatrical run. Still, wide release does not sound realistic.

I love the first two stranger films though. And Iā€™m a fan of Tony Anthony. Havenā€™t seen the third one yet, even though I have it. The idea of an SW taking place entirely in japan is not really appealing to me. WHat do you think guys? Should I take the plunge and finally see it?[/quote]

Yes, take the plunge. Its entertaining.

Iā€™m going by what Tony told me. I have no reason not to believe him.
Besides, as another member already pointed out, the 3-D craze is coming back.

[quote=ā€œCol. Douglas Mortimer, post:32, topic:1356ā€]Get mean did pretty good box office wide in North america during its initial theatrical run. Still, wide release does not sound realistic.

I love the first two stranger films though. And Iā€™m a fan of Tony Anthony. Havenā€™t seen the third one yet, even though I have it. The idea of an SW taking place entirely in japan is not really appealing to me. WHat do you think guys? Should I take the plunge and finally see it?[/quote]

I heard differently (From Tony and The filmā€™s producer) about Get Meanā€™s total gross. Also, it isnā€™t Get Mean that is getting the release. Itā€™s Cominā€™ At Ya!.
And Iā€™ll be the second to tell you to watch SILENT STRANGER when you can. Itā€™s my favorite of the four.

And Stanton, Iā€™ll be sure to clarify the amount of theatres when I speak to him today.

EDIT: Okay, a more realistic number. At the moment theyā€™re looking at 1,400 theatres.

It was Cominā€™ at Ya which was a surprise success in the US in the early 80s.

And of course Colonel, watch The Silent Stranger, cause this is as good as the 1st two. You will enjoy it.

I think Iā€™ll watch Silent stranger tonight!

And yes, I think I got Get Mean and Comin at ya mixed up in terms of box office. It says in imdb 12 million, but I think it mightā€™ve grossed more according to Western Allā€™italiana. Is Stranger gets mean considered an official stranger movie now that Tony himself has approved the name change?