Garringo (Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969)

Too bad the Giombini soundtrack has never been released. Come to think of it, neither has an english version of this film! The first time I saw this was a shitty VHS transfer from atlas visuals that cut out the opening sequence.

Yeah, even though it’s cheap, I really like it and a very spaghettique score IMO.
Nice stuff.

[quote=“Stanton, post:36, topic:1155”][quote author=Bawtyshouse link=topic=1322.msg125294#msg125294 date=1306985345]
(…) the full film is available to view at YouTube. It is a choppy 90-min. version where the English dub cuts out a few times and reverts to Italian for a moment. Also seems jumpy and choppily edited in places… another source lists 94min as a runtime, so have 4min been cut?[/quote]My (most likely) uncut version runs 94 min, but with a complete English dub.

If it is a Pal version, it might still be complete or nearly complete. Otherwise 4 min are missing.[/quote]

No, the 90m version seems a film to PAL transfer without the 4% speedup: in effect the content is the same as the Spanish DVD with the exception of the alternative opening credits (+83sec) and 10-15 seconds less at the end. Johnny’s visions are slightly different and without the disquieting sound effects.

As a consequence, this deserve attention! :wink:

Why do you think that the Ital. DVD hasn’t the usual Pal speed up?

Because I compared it with the 85m37s Spanish version, which runs faster.

I have this Spanish version, the one from Spanish TV with an engl. dub (which is often out of sync). There were several scenes or parts of scenes missing. At least I remember that the 4 extra min were easily recognizable. The Spanish version was heavily cut.

For example the excellent match cut which contains the leap of time from the young PLL to the older one was missing in the Spanish version.

Often the problem with alot of Spanish prints of course. Better quality than alot of previous versions…but have scenes missing.

quote=“Stanton, post:46, topic:1155” There were several scenes or parts of scenes missing. At least I remember that the 4 extra min were easily recognizable. The Spanish version was heavily cut.

For example the excellent match cut which contains the leap of time from the young PLL to the older one was missing in the Spanish version.[/quote]

Not in the version from Spanish DVD.

Ok, but it is still a Pal DVD and if the master wasn’t taken form an NTSC source, it is still more than likely that the Italian DVD was mastered as usual for 25 fr/sec.

Maybe NTSC source, maybe the technique called 2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3 (Euro) pulldown or anything else, it is a fact that we have two 25fps versions with a different speed and these here are the only differences:

But was there a NTSC DVD released anywhere?

A spag with good plot.Garringo and Johnny are very interesting characters not absolute good or bad but a different situation.Marcello Giombini’s music score is excellent.

watched this one again last night. First spaghetti ive seen in a while. still dumb solid fun. spaghettis now have s special vintage appeal

Hi Korano, how are you?

Long time, no “read” korano! Welcome back!

I’m good thanks. Not bee watching a whole lotta movies. Busy with sht. Noticed a couple nights ago I still have a big ol’ pile spaghettis I could revisit,

I think the ost was better than the movie 8)

Have they released it? I’d kill to own the CD.

This movie is awesome. My favorite Anthony Steffen film

5/5

The release is english friendly:

http://www.spaghetti-western.net/index.php/Garringo_-_Der_Henker_DVD_Rezension