Four of the Apocalypse / I quattro dellā€™apocalisse (Lucio Fulci, 1975)

Life is tough and too short to cling on to crapā€¦ Keep what is essential .
Always, always, keep anything that makes you laugh (essential), and what personally ā€˜buildsā€™ you up.
Forever cling on to what you love.

I have no complaints about the acting, but with a story that is not so interesting for me the acting becomes a secondary aspect. Though I must say that I liked the quite different type of Fabio Testi characters much better in Dead Men Ride and Blood River. I think those suited him better
Tomas Milian was more acceptable here than the for me rather irritating Cuchillo character in the likewise mediocre Run Man Run. But HIS best performance and/or best character was in Django Kill IMO. In Four Of The Apocalypse his character was rather one dimensional but at least less annoying than in Run Man Run.

I started watching The Heightful Eight some years ago since but gave up within a rather short time because of the fucking dialogue, i.e. too much fucking there for my taste :slight_smile:

The director Lucio Fulciā€™s much earlier The Brute And The Beast/Massacre Time is more entertaining IMO and also a more normal type of SW, but not among the better on my SW Top list with its 6/10 rating good for rank 68.

1 Like