For a Few Dollars More / Per qualche dollaro in più (Sergio Leone, 1965)

[quote=“korano, post:220, topic:327”]@Chris:

I wasn’t intentionally attacking you’re ideas. I didn’t know you brought it up. I was trying to inadvertently attack Cox’s claim. He was the one who was arguing Spaghetti logic.[/quote]

Hey, amigo! No problem whatsoever! I didn’t feel like I was being attacked.
I was actually referring to the same thing in my last post…
Cox’s claim (or interpretation) of the relationship between Mortimer and his sister is outrageously illogical. I was just saying that my interpretation made much more sense than his even if it is also incorrect.
It’s all good, brother.

I always thought Lawrence was the young Eastwood and Dexter was Volonte’s wife ;D :wink:

;D

Or maybe Or maybe Dexter was Van Cleef’s wife, Lawrence the young Indio and the young Volonte Indio’s older brother? Then Indio’s brother is Kinski and Eastwood is Mortimer’s son? This makes me dizzy ;D!

As Silence said before, we’re putting too much stress on the flashback scene I think. After all, Leone just put it in there for a motive for the Mortimer wanting Indio dead.

[quote=“John Welles, post:225, topic:327”]As Silence said before, we’re putting too much stress on the flashback scene I think. After all, Leone just put it in there for a motive for the Mortimer wanting Indio dead.[/quote]It would be that simple if it was LVC having these flashbacks (let’s say wittnessing the scene helpless, let’s not go to Cox theory anymore) but they are Indio’s flashbacks. He has this sexual thrauma about the situation.

I was rewatching this the other day and spotted a possible plothole. Since Mario Brega helped Clint and LVC escape but without bullets of course, how did the two of them reaquire bullets for the final shootout sequence?

They had bullets in their holster belts. These bullets can been seen immediately after the hat shooting scene when Clint and Lee share a whiskey in the hotel room the belts are on the table with bullets. Clint still has his holster on when being beaten up so I assume Lee does also. or they some in their saddlebags

In this part of the film the narrative is often pretty primitive, while the first half was mostly excellent.

Sorry if this is a repost, but I thought everyone might enjoy seeing this. It’s a YouTube video that shows various locations today as compared to when the movie was made. Very similar to the comparisons that are on some of the companion disks that come with DVD’s, but put together a little better, I think:

Thanks Jack Burns. Enjoyed that!
Especially since some of us went there a few years back. Good memories.

i must admit it improves every time i see it.

Here’s some more information about the minor cuts of the FaFDM DVDs:

http://www.forafewdollarsmore.net/

(in case that we haven’t already explained this a zillion times)

This topic has been moribund for a year, but I thought I’d chime in anyway, if only to say that For a Few Dollars More is easily my favorite of the Leone westerns. It has just the right balance of elements without leaning too much toward the straightforward (A Fistful of Dollars) or toward the overstuffed (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly). I like those movies, too, but you have to have a top pick eventually.

A bit of trivia I only just learned this morning that probably everyone here knows: there’s only 14 minutes of music in the film. You really can’t tell at all and I find that mightily impressive.

[quote=“Tom B., post:20, topic:327”]At the end of the film The Man with No Name asks, “What about our partnership?” Mortimer says “Maybe another time”.

Too bad Clint and Lee never made another film together. They could have been as great as Newman and Redford in my opinion.

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE is the best of the three $ films in my opinion. I has the perfect balance of all the components that make up a Spaghetti western. :D[/quote]

They made one, but they weren’t good partners in it …

You mean only 14 min of the film’s runtime are accompanied by the score?

No, there’s only 14 minutes of music, which is apparently interspersed throughout. An excellent use of recycling, I’d say.

[quote=“Sam, post:237, topic:327”]No, there’s only 14 minutes of music, which is apparently interspersed throughout. An excellent use of recycling, I’d say.[/quote]So why are the most soundtrack releases 30+ minutes?

They maybe have full length tracks whereas in the movie only parts of it were used

A good question. The soundtrack on iTuneshttp://itunes.apple.com/us/album/per-qualche-dollaro-in-piu/id442370884 is about 21 minutes, but it has a lot of repeated cues, most notably the watch chimes.