For a Few Dollars More / Per qualche dollaro in più (Sergio Leone, 1965)

The movie is classic,especially the hat scene.

Oh,and this one is great too.

Simply overrated, No, that was a bad joke. 10/10.

Clint Eastwood and Lee Van Cleef are the best actors as surviving gunmen,
Sergio Leone is the by far best SW director,
Almeria is the lovliest SW province,
the length of the film is suitable
and last but definitely not least Morricone is in top form.

Do you know the exact Trinity film location in Mazzano Romano by any chance.

Which blu-ray has the original mono soundtrack?

Found on Fistful-of-Leone.com’s message board: a very nice image-by-image reconstruction of the missing Eastwood-Krupp scene from Per qualche dollaro in più is provided here:

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this. Always good to see photos from ‘FAFDM’ that I’ve never seen before.

The Kino Lorber does, not sure what kind of 2.0 mono tracks those on the Germany, Italy etc. editions are exactly. But the difference isn’t as “severe” as with GBU, as far as I know…

1 Like

Rewatched this for the first time in a while last night and I realised just how much I love it. I now think it’s not only my third favourite Leone film or western, but flat out just my third favourite film of all time after OUATIW and GBU.

3 Likes

During my last trip to Spain, in 2009, I visited ‘Los Albaricoques’, and was fortunate enough to meet the lady who owns the property where the following pic was taken, in 1965.
She was kind enough to let me inside, to see exactly where Clint had sat in the barber’s chair, all those years before.
Happy days… :grinning:

https://youtu.be/b__itYJkcsE

2 Likes

Damn that must have been awesome. We did go to Los Albaricoques but I never thought of doing that. I wonder if she still lives there.

1 Like

4 Likes

How to look cool frying an egg! :wink: Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

They’re from Peter J Hanley’s book. Makes me wanna flick through it again.

1 Like

FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE 4K UltraHD BluRay now available for pre-order (to support the SWDb use our Amazon links).
Click here to learn all about this edition >>> Per qualche dollaro in più/BluRay - The Spaghetti Western Database

1 Like

This movie’s page in the SWDb has been upgraded to the new “SWDb 3.0” format. Please have a look and let us know if there’s something you can add (information, trivia, links, pictures, etc.).

Poll added (top of page).

Copied from SWDb General Maintenance:

1 Like

Hello everyone, I just created an account. In my opinion, Leone´s second western is also his second best, right behind C´era una volta. Van Cleef as Douglas Mortimer, Eastwood as “the man with no name”,(even though he is Manco/Monco) and Volonte as the sadistic El Indio. It features plenty of memorable supporting characters like the prophet, Groggy and Nño, and is just so rewatchable, with the beautiful score by Morricone being the icing on the cake. Just my opinion. Best regards to everyone, Roland

4 Likes

A film with wall to wall excellence from the actors, director, music composer, set-designer, script-writer, and bloody good character actors. What more could you ask?

Personally, I’ve not seen the above pic before.
It appears to be a reversal shot of ‘Manco’ at the location ‘Cortijo del Frailes’.

The last pic is from ‘GBU’…which looks pretty cool…

Please don’t laugh: Because the ‘Dollars Trilogy’ was so cool, I spent time, as a teenager, trying to squint in the same way, and have the same wrinkles around the eyes as ‘The Man With No Name’ (my absolute iconic, mythical hero at the time)…bloody waste of time that turned out to be!!

I think that…because, in ‘the old days’, viewers had to wait several years in between, to see the ‘Dollars Trilogy’ (and other movies), the experience was heightened to an extent that it isn’t now.
If you missed it, you missed it. Gone. Now you have to wait. It was no problem then, you just accepted it. You sat back, re-read the novels by Joe Millard etc…

Getting back to my teenager wishes regarding Eastwood ‘laughter lines’, I should have just waited for the years to catch up…got the wrinkles now, but not the coolness! :grin:

7 Likes

No laughter here mate.
I actually took up smoking cigars as a teenager for a while for the same reason. That was a short-lived bit of nonsense on my part thankfully but just goes to show how easily impressionable teenage boys can be sometimes.

2 Likes