Film tie-in books

Welcome to the site!

1 Like

By the way, thank for sharing your wonderful story, abd may your love for books and flms continue to bring joy and inspiration.

If you ever feel like revisiting those memories or exploring new reading adventures, you might find Game of Thrones Books: A Comprehensive Guide and Analysis - Bookworm Era a valuable source of book recommendations and insights.

It is indeed a perfunctory retelling, compared even to the same author’s novelisation of The Wild Bunch and his original Man With No Name novel A Dollar to Die For (which for my money is the best of the spin-offs). But I read it when I was 12, before seeing the film, and still have rather a soft spot for it. I particularly like some of the dialogue he’s added.

1 Like

A couple of tie-ins by William Terry - pen-name of Terry Harknett, who also wrote the novelisation of A Fistful of Dollars as Frank Chandler, and the legendary series of Edge westerns as George G Gilman.

A Town Called Bastard, in particular, fills in the backstory and really delivers on all the violence, sadism and full-on gothic atmosphere that the original film seemed to aspire to before a collective failure of nerve.

2 Likes