Favourite spaghetti main-themes?

Morricone is great of course, but I think Bruno Nicolai is every bit his equal. And Morricone himself would probably be the first to say that.

I really love Have a Good Funeral Sartana, Apocalypse Joe, and Light the Fuse Sartana from Nicolai.

For opening themes from Morricone, my favorite is For a Few Dollars More as well as the Providenza films. But overall I think the Big Gundown is his best soundtrack.

As for my other favorite themes, I like Antón García Abril’s “As a Boy” song from Texas Adios and Francesco De Masi’s “Find a Man” from Johnny Hamlet, and “Smile” by Gianfranco Reverberi from Viva Django.

I love the Return of Ringo theme.

That’s a great one for sure.

Has anyone mentioned the Django main theme? Pure gold.

Oh yes definitely! You seen the film yet?

If “The Extasy of Gold” was a main-theme, I would probably go for it as my favourite. I think my favourite ist The Big Gundown followed by the Dollar films. Has the theme of “Cementery without Crosses” yet been mentioned? I don’t mean the Django-Kill-Version but the original Soundtrack. Its different from other themes and i liked it very much. Companeros is also one of my favourites, not only because of Iris Berben who is very popular TV-actress here in Germany.

Being a huge Morricone fan as I am, I shall try to sum up to 9 themes/songs:

1. Vamos a Matar, Companeros! (all 6 versions of them, I listen to it ~25 a day, I adore it)
  2. Fistful of Dynamite
  3. Dollars Trilogy
  4. Once Upon a Time in the West
  5. The Mercenary
  6. The Great Silence
  7. My Name is Nobody

This are for me too Morricones best SW soundtracks. Followed by the Sollimas and Navajo Joe

And for a Roof a Sky full of Stars is also a fantastic theme by Morricone, it has a rather unique sound as well among his western scores

[url]ENNIO MORRICONE -"A Sky Full of Stars for a Roof (titles)" (1968) - YouTube

I don’t think Morricone has produced a bad sound-track, so to list them would be nearly impossible.

Not to found of the Morricone score to Bullets Don’t Argue, but pretty much enjoy most Morricone Western scores. Prefer some more than others of course… The Great Silence I prefer to earlier scores like the Ringo films.

Well I’ve eard one that I did’t like that much, it’s quite a peculiar score for Morricone it sound as if the good old Morricone was in some acid trip, it’s the soundtrack from L’umanoide.
If it worth something the film sucks

It certainly looks… Interresting to say the least…

Yes bit of a weird score to a crap film.